• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
The deer war continues!
Since the addition of the last wire mom has been kept out.
After all an electric fence with wires at 6",12",3',5.5', then rope with streamers at 6.5',8'.10',12' should keep most land based animals out.
The fawns have been jumping through the 3', and 5.5' strands without touching them let alone the ground.(no shock).
Now the electric fence has wire at 6",8",12",22",32",42",52",62"+/-, with blue surveyors tape on every wire 6' apart.
Read that it is believed blue glows at night similar to what we see under ultraviolet light from the concentration of rods and cones for night vision in their eyes.
It is my hope this will end this on going war. My younger brother laughs and says where there is a will there is a way and the deer will find another assault plan.
Most my roman lettuce, spinach, and young purple hulls were destroyed before I could get to fixing the fence.
I will harvest these fawns soon as they become legal as I don't want them to continue there assault when all else around is brown. Young deer is more tender anyway. As I say, "Say no to as much store bought food as possible; torturing animals from before birth to butchering is inhumane," and don't get me started on what "they" are doing to plant life we eat.

"Yes officer, I was indeed afraid for my life when this 100 lbs Bambi showed up". I don't think protecting your plants would be considered self defense, or then your legal system is even wackier than TV and movies would let one believe. I think the hunting license is a better route to take.

"Yes officer, I was indeed afraid for my life when this 100 lbs Bambi showed up". I don't think protecting your plants would be considered self defense, or then your legal system is even wackier than TV and movies would let one believe. I think the hunting license is a better route to take.
X2 on the hunting license . Many states bow seasons are starting now . In IL. ours start Oct. 1 . You may find a bow hunter to help you out .

Actually there is a earlier post about the deer war situation.
Bottom line if I were a corporate farm I could kill the deer anytime any size.
If it were a man stealing my produce I could kill him anytime too.
But don/t even think of an individual protecting his food supply would not be subject to prison time and forfeiture of his land.
I do have a bow but these two still have spots.
Make things worse I have about 200' thick wooded land on the other side my fishing pond that has a game warden neighboring. As he has in the past cut my fence and cleared a trail while I was traveling we now have bad blood between us.

Here you're usually allowed to take two younglings or one adult with one permit. It has been studied for some time, and been found a better way to keep the population. Instead of taking down a established good breeder, you can take out two young ones which you don't know how well they would have done during mating season. Same principal is often applied to other hunting.

Can't you shoot any varmint if it's self defense???
You can shoot anything in self defense....but as was said it would be hard to explain a deer attacking you and fearing for you life.

Actually there is a earlier post about the deer war situation.
Bottom line if I were a corporate farm I could kill the deer anytime any size.
If it were a man stealing my produce I could kill him anytime too.
But don/t even think of an individual protecting his food supply would not be subject to prison time and forfeiture of his land.
I do have a bow but these two still have spots.
Make things worse I have about 200' thick wooded land on the other side my fishing pond that has a game warden neighboring. As he has in the past cut my fence and cleared a trail while I was traveling we now have bad blood between us.

Where do you live that you can shoot a person for stealing produce?

Back
Top Bottom