BYC Is Against SOPA & PIPA

From our favorite guy, Rep. Bob Flider quoted " Robin, as frustrated as I personally get with the some of the slanderous, scurrilous and unethcical activities we see on the internet, I believe that SOPA would be a step that diminishes the first amendment rights our country was built upon. I could go on...and on...thanks for asking."

He is right about that! We can only go so far. Let's hope it does not get past the door of the White House.

did my part here in WNY! A world without BYC and CL???
somad.gif

My dad and I both e-mailed our representatives. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I just saw wikipedia and craigslist both have alerts up, too.

My first post here (I think), but wanted to say that I did contact all my reps and asked them NOT to support this legislation.

Thanks for the alert! This is a big deal.

My first post here (I think), but wanted to say that I did contact all my reps and asked them NOT to support this legislation.

Thanks for the alert! This is a big deal.

No offense intended but ask(!) them? Inherent in the title "Representative" is the fact that they are there to represent your wishes, not decide what they believe is best for you. That's how Prohibition started out and we all know what a good idea that was, don't we?

Sorry, I always get upset when someone asks that their elected officials do what they want. They are the ones sucking at the public trough and we are the ones who are filling it! Demand that they do the job they were put in office to do! Represent YOU!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom