BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
I'm knitting a sweater for my wife(yes...I can knit) anyway, I need help with the instructions because I guess you could say, I knit "by ear".
I've hit a spot and am confused as to what to do...

Back: cast on 54 sts. garter sts for 161/2, ending with WS row.
(I got that section OK)

Shape armholes:: bind off 4 sts at at beg of next 2 rows. Dec 1 st each side every other row4 times----46 sts. work even until armholes measure 11 1/2" from bound off sts end on WS row. (then goes on to the front sections...)

What the heck is the "Shape armholes" section talking about?
I understand the abbreviations I just don't get what I need to do.
idunno.gif

hang in there I don't explain things well, someone with teaching skills is bound to come along . Oh and my hubby know how to knit as well. His mom taught him. And then she taught me.

Quote:
You're binding off a few stitches at a time, to make the hole where the sleeve will be fitted. (shaping it so that its not a sharp bind off - you're doing a few at a time so it kinda curves)

You're working on a piece either back or front, so bind off the 4 - then work to the end, next row you'll bind off another 4 so you are evenly decreasing on both sides. (then continue as it says 1 dec off each side etc.)

Does that help?

Last edited:
sorry I read it as bind off the 4 knit to end turn bind off 4 knit to end then decrease one begining of every other row 4 times so it would be
decrease = knit 2 together

I might be wrong though

Last edited:
Found a great yarn/wool site that I thought I would share:

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlineec/yarnsHome.asp

I just ordered 5 skeins(sp?) of yarn and next time I will order the hardwood knitting needles from Lantern Moon. I can hardly wait to get my order
smile.png
One of the things I ordered was a beautiful 50%wool 50%alpaca yarn - 215 yds for less than $10!! Ooooo - I am soo excited.

Thanks for letting me ramble and share my little find.
wink.png
ya.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

Hi all-not sure what this thread entails, but I'm a knitter. Right now I am making a cute hat with earflaps and a scarf for my dd.
big_smile.png

Sequin, great to hear you're so excited about getting more knitting supplies!

Have you been to the KnitPicks website? Great prices on yarn and I've never had a problem getting my shipments from them. Their customer service is wonderful, too.

Other favorites for ordering yarn and supplies are:

Elann

Webs

And, you MUST get on Ravelry if you're not on there already. On Ravelry, you can find lots of patterns (including many free ones) and see how others have adapted them as well as how they rate them, get ratings on yarn, and connect up with knitters from all over the world.

Heh, heh, heh...welcome to our world: both chickens and yarn are addictive!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom