BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Thanks. I love the way it turned out. The pattern was in Pursenalities by Eva Wiechmann. I've knitted three purses out of this book and I like her general ideas but after three patterns I don't like some of the design. I think there are better ways to get the same end product. I plan and making a couple purses for Christmas gifts and I have a club cover project going for my dad's golf clubs. My parents are really hard to buy for so if I make them something they won't complain
wink.png

Keep up the good work and keep us posted with your new projects. I can't wait to try a felted project, but it will have to wait until after I finish all of the Christmas gifts.

I have heard that if you have a project(say a blanket/throw or scarf etc) where the ends tend to curl, to hand wash/soak it with a mild dish soap. Anyone ever hear of this before? Also, I found a really nice dish soap(all natural and Very mild) that smells like Yummy peppermint vanilla that I would like to wash my finished gifts in before giving them away. Do any of you also do this sort of thing? What sort of care and washing/cleaning solutions do you like to use? How about to keep the colors from running etc?

Last edited:
The only way washing can help get rid of curl is by blocking it. Usually you try to stay away from stitches that curl for things like scarves if you don't want it to curl. That's why there are so many scarves in a rib pattern. I use Brown Sheeps wool wash. It lasts a long time. As for Colors running, cold water and vinegar or if you're using a wool setting on your machine you can use those color grabber sheets.

Awesome. Thanks Hoosierbuddy!
wink.png

Well, yesterday I went to a yarn store.
barnie.gif
I don't have enough money for all I want!! That made me
hit.gif
. So I tried to run and
hide.gif
from all the beautiful fibers that were taunting
bun.gif
me. I
bow.gif
before the walls of yarn, and now I am
wee.gif
with joy because I have come home with the yarn that I
love.gif
woot.gif
Time to get knitting!!!

p.s. scarf #2 is done, now starting on #3.

No prob! Post pics of your scarves I want to need some and have been getting ideas
wink.png
I saw a bubbly looking one that I thought I might wing it and try but unsure of where to start
roll.png

There is a picture of my first scarf on page 51 of this thread. I will post the picture of the second scarf as soon as I find the charger for my camera and can take a picture to post. It is nearly like the first, only with blue trim rather than green. My third scarf will also be the same pattern, but green will be the main color and blue trim. The first two have bamboo trim and cotton for the main, but my son's will be all cotton, as the bamboo has a bit of a sheen and that is perceived as 'girly' even though he likes how soft it is.
wink.png
I finally bought the yarn for my own scarf(one of many) that is a grey tweed with red mohair trim. mmmm, it is just Luscious. I plan on working a design into my scarf, but we will see.
wink.png
Maybe a (I Think it is called)seed stitch? Kind of your basic k1 p1 idea. Don't know, but might try it. I have been very happy with my work so far, and look forward to trying new pieces as well. However, for now I have been requested to knit 5 or 6 ... no, sorry, 8 scarves in the pattern/design I have been. So, until those requests are filled ... then I will move on to hats or slippers and dog sweaters, and cat toys, and pillows, and throws. *sighs happily* I have Much to keep me busy!!!
smile.png

Happy Knitting Everyone!!!!!

Sorry all, I haven't been on BYC much lately. Working out a new contract at work, had to make a trip to NJ, plus holiday prep. I am about 25 rows from finishing my last Christmas knitting project, a scarf for my bro. I'm ready to get onto something for me. Does anyone have a pattern for a simple v-neck or scoop neck sweater? I'm middle aged so a lighter weight would be better (LOL). Where is everyone? This thread got very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom