BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Snowydiamonds: Thank you for the links. I'll order one of the books you suggested. A pattern is not worth braving 1 degree weather for. Thank you though for the thought.
big_smile.png
I am going to head to my yarn store here and see if she has a raglan suggestion now that I know it is a type of sweater and not just a single name for one sweater. Thanks again!!

I don't know why I'm wimping out so badly today, and I was wrong, the high temp for today was -2 below zero farenheit. I'll get the book & post the directions, just not today. Still in pj's w/fleece jacket all day, knitting and every time I get warmed up, I eat a cup of sherbet and freeze again! I can't believe how lazy I am today! But its the time of year I really dislike, the darkest and coldest. Its nice inside w/aquariums and humidity, unlike work, dry, static electricity....I'm on a mission to get this scarf done to keep my face from freezing;) I will post the directions in the next few days:)

:Dglad you enjoyed the day, I did too, but its unusual for me to be so lazy!
still nursing this ankle from when I sprained it, while running away from the guy that was trying to get me to marry him- self inflicted, I shouldn't have lost my cool!

Last edited:
I decided to knit my first sweater. I am trying a baby sweater. I figure it to be a little less overwhelming a task. If I finish this one successfully, I'll try a big one for me. My rehabilitation aide at work is having a baby at the end of January so I hope this turns out. I have the back, 2 front pieces and half a sleeve done.

Spent way too much time as a passenger in the car Christmas - and knit a hat out of my llama wool, finished a scarf, worked on a baby blanked, patched mittens and started the darned darning pile. I love cashmere socks and wish they would survive a winter ...but since they don't, I'm learning to darn.

Darning is a nearly lost art in our culture. Now that Im knitting socks I guess that I'd better learn how to darn, as well.

2ManyHats...... please post pictures of your baby sweater when you get the parts stitched together. I'd love to see it.

Chel

Finally got to take pics of 2 of the jumper I have knitted,

will get the rest tomorrow.

17944_29th_dec_017.jpg

17944_29th_dec_014.jpg

This is the beginning ...lol.

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom