BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Greetings Knitters...I have not knitted for many moons, arthritis, carple tunnel and the whole gauntlet of 'crap', to discover that I can knit, it doesn't hurt way bad, somedays are better then others. Winter is the time for this hobby.
Well, here is where you come in...I am looking for a childs size 5-6 raglan sleeved sweater.
I have made this for an adult before and do you think I could find the pattern again! Not only that I have no idea on what a boys size 5-6 would be- 40lb 3 yr old great nephew. Big boy and very active!
If anyone could help me out, I sure would appreciate it!
Kel

This is a tip for people with pain issues, holding large items while you're knitting. Like me.
old.gif

Sometimes, when I'm working on something a little larger and heavier, I like to knit at my craft table. It takes some of the pressure off and I have less pain that way. There can be an awkward stage, between when an item is small and lightweight enough to hold in the air and when it's large enough to rest in your lap. Elevating it on a table helps me. I like my craft table, because it's portable and I can work in the livingroom.

I also try to keep my neck as straight as I can and not bend over my work as much. For my wrists and hands, I have elastic gloves, too.

My table:

http://www.table-mate.com/html/index.php

My gloves:

http://www.handeze.com/

Quote:
Anything not fancy - those fancy ones are more difficult to knit.

If she's learning to knit with needles, leave the knifty knitter for another time, it will just take away from regular knitting.

Spook ,

I have just finished sweaters in the same style you are looking for. I posted a few pictures earlier on.

Have a look and if this is the style you wantI can send you the pattern.

I think because the child is a big boy for his age, chest size may be a better measure.

Just let me know and I will send the instructions.

Jena.

WoodlandWoman .

I have the same thing. I have arthritis in my neck and it radiates down both arms. Not good. I also use a table to take the weight of any larger items.

Thanks for the tips, my hands are fine but I also use the wrist straps for other work but I am ok with knitting. Most painful are my elbows and my shoulders.

I am hoping that knitting willkeep my fingers more supple.

Wishing you well.

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom