BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Quote:
When I have issues I'll take a piece of paper, wrap it around the needles, wrap TP or Paper Towel around the paper, then tape. It makes the needles larger so I can grasp them. Also placing pillows under your elbow to rest your arms on can help. Oh, with 2 pointed needles the purpose of the paper is so it can slide off and go back on the end you need it. Also a heated rice pack on the back of your neck helps...wheres the cabana boy? LoL serve Tea while your knitting and crafting!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
big_smile.png

I was advised to use circular needles for pain issues. It was advice that I gave to my mother who suffers terribly with arthritis in her neck, shoulders, wrists, feet, everywhere basically.

Last month, I went to the doctor with a sore shoulder - turns out it's rotator cuff syndrome.... Boy, have those circular needles saved my sanity! Hopefully, a round of physio will sort it, but until then the circulars have been a blessing!

Best wishes,
Cat.

Also a heated rice pack on the back of your neck helps...wheres the cabana boy? LoL serve Tea while your knitting and crafting!

While we're wishing let's at least make him extremely good looking in a nice tight outfit!!!
wink.png

Quote:
While we're wishing let's at least make him extremely good looking in a nice tight outfit!!!
wink.png

Mmmmm cabana boy....mmmm oh, wait, wrong subject! ha ha ha.
You girls are just bad!
circular needles for pain issues

Interestingly I'll be using those next, very new to them, but I think I can do it. What do you suppose the difference is in circular needles vs straight needles.

mmmm cabana boy..suppose they would let us into a tropical pool so we can sit and knit watching the scenery?....
droolin.gif

Quote:
Interestingly I'll be using those next, very new to them, but I think I can do it. What do you suppose the difference is in circular needles vs straight needles.

I think the difference (circular v straight) is that the circulars allow the knitted fabric to "droop" much more quickly, meaning the weight of the fabric rests on your lap much sooner.
I think there's also an issue with the length of the needle you are using - i.e. the longer the needle the more stress you place on your wrists, shoulders, etc.

I must admit though, I did find the circulars cumbersome to start with due to the very short "pins". Within a few hours, I was up to my usual knitting speed though (ok, I admit this too, that's not very fast lol).

Best wishes,
Cat.

I have noticed less wrist stress with the circulars, too. I just did a project with long straight needles and my left wrist ached a lot. I'll have to dig out the circulars for the next project and see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

Scrambled Egg wrote:
Also a heated rice pack on the back of your neck helps...wheres the cabana boy? LoL serve Tea while your knitting and crafting!

Mmmmm cabana boy....mmmm oh, wait, wrong subject! ha ha ha.
You girls are just bad!

LOL!!! Here in the knitting thread it is "cabana boys" ...in the crochet thread it is men in kilts, lol!!! See how diverse we are in our hooking!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

LOL, mmmm cabana boys....enRico! JK- its January in Maine, we have to dream.
gig.gif
I just found a receptive person to the joys of pools- LOL.

I did place my stitches on the circular needles last night, waiting for the remainder of the instructions for the raglan sleeve sweater. This sweater is the only type I've done, its funny, all the years I've Knit and crochet, still sitting in the beginner chair. Christmas was fun as I made kids mittens for a BYC friend and its been years since I've knit anything that got such a positive response.
My own family didn't want homemade mittens, I had to do gloves and then the first day at school, one or even the pair was gone when they got home.
I should make mittens for kids, we have a project all winter, Coats for Kids actually all year, when your kids get new coats for school, out grown, even needing a new zipper, a dry cleaning business actually cleans and repairs jackets and then they get handed out to folks and teachers that distributes them to needy children.
It is a wonderful thing to knit for (taking my own advice!). Also another lady would knit and crochet socks, afghans, hats & mittens for adults, give them to the homeless shelters.
Oh, also another interesting thing (to me) was a elderly lady that made "bandages"! Crochet cotton, very tiny needles, about 3" wide just a knit stitch. It was something she and many others did for the "war effort" in WWII.
OK, I'll go back to my dreaming cabana boy (mine I'm afraid is in bed sleeping off a wicked cold-DH)

Back
Top Bottom