BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
No Little Ralphie, the pic looks like st. stitch to me.

Here are some pics of favorite projects I have done in the past and now.Counted Cross Stitch, knitting and crochet.
My all time favorite is the indian angel. Took me a couple years to finish her, but was glad when I did. The christmas tree is from 09. I made all the xstitch ornaments. I try to make a couple every year to add to the tree.This years is the pic with the christmas cow, santa and winter stack. Just haven't turned them into ornaments yet. I love to knit all kinds of things, especially for babies. I knit up a bunch of hats and booties and give to the hospital a few times a year. Plus love to knit for friends that are expecting. I made the spring chicken yesterday, (knit). She turned out great!!! Only took a couple hours to make. If I can find the yarn I'm thinking of, I'm gonna knit her a scarf and hat, seeing as how as of yesterday, we have about 3' of snow on the ground.!!!! I knitted a lot of dishcloth/towel sets for christmas this year for friends. Just never thought to take any pics.
sad.png
Also have been making outfits for my GD Karisma. For her 18" doll that I got her for christmas. They were mostly crochet. But I haven't taken pics of them yet. I also crocheted for myself the Aran Toggle Wrap from redheart.com. That was my gift to me for losing 47 lbs since the 1st of Nov. Yippeeee.!!!
big_smile.png
Have also crocheted a few potholders and hotpads for my mom for her Bday in April. Gosh I guess I have been keeping myself busy crafting this winter.
OK here goes:
crafts001re.jpg

crafts003r.jpg

crossstitch12r.jpg

001r.jpg

knitcrafts003r.jpg

003r.jpg

jennifer1.jpg

preemieoutfits161903.jpg

outfitfornicholasr.jpg

karismasponchoandpurse1.jpg

knitcrafts009r.jpg

knitcrafts008r.jpg

knitcrafts011r.jpg

WOW
bow.gif
You do beautiful work!!!!! I'm going to need alot of help today because I'll be starting the heel soon. It dawned on me this morning about the stockinette stitch and why mine didn't look right. I'm working on two circular needles and only knitting on the right side.

Here's a pic of where I am right now. I did 10 rows of k1-p1 for the ribbing, then knit 1 row, purled 1 row twice. That's when it didn't look like the picture so I switched to all knit. Am I doing it wrong?

DSC04231.jpg

Yep, looks like st. stitch. thats the good thing about working in the round, st. stitch is all knit. LOL. Another thing you might try is when you have went 1 round around and starting again where you joined, hold yarn tight and knit that stitch as tight as you can, will keep you from having a ladder of loose stitches in your sock.
Tammy
TY for the compliment.

Thanks! I figured that out but after the fact. Kinda learning as I go. I did manage to figure out how to do the heel and I'm working on the body of the foot now. Will post a pic when I finish. All I can say is thank goodness for you-tube!!!!

Hi! I'm new to the site and new to chickens so I've been exploring a bit. I love to knit so I was excited to see this forum. Do you have room for one more knitter? I crochet too, but I enjoy knitting a little bit more. I'm on Ravelry too.
smile.png

Hey! Come on in and join the fun. I crochet also and quilt so I am in the crochet chat and the quilt one. It's fun to see what other gals are doing and it is certainly an inspiration to get your fingers working. I'm in CA but my DD lives in Tenino, WA. If you're in a part of WA that gets lots of rain and/or snow then you have lots of cabin time to enjoy your knitting.
frow.gif

Have you ever knitted or purled backwards?? If you do a lot of st. stitch, it is a great thing to learn!! Not hard to learn and with a little practice you will be whizzing along in stockinette and never turning your needles(don't know if this works in the round or not). The web link I'm going to post shows knitting and purling backwards. I had visited another location to learn how to purl backwards (which makes st.stitch), but didn't know that you could also knit backwords (which makes garter st.).So I'm going to download the little video to learn how.
In purling, my purl sts. were always a little looser than the knit side. But after finishing the knit row, when you purl backwards you tension is a lot more even. Hope you will check out the link and give it a try.
big_smile.png

I'm definitely going to practice the knitting backwards.
Tammy

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/tips/backwards.html

Back
Top Bottom