BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Check out www.ravelry.com - it's free and they have a ton of great free patterns. I've found alot of easy hat patterns there and have learned alot. If you want to learn how to do a specific stitch, just do a search on the stitch name. There's alot of videos out there that show you step by step. Next best thing if you have nobody to show you in person! Keep at it and don't give up. Sounds like the pattern you tried wasn't very good.

I second going to Ravelry! They have a fantastic search engine and if you start a pattern and get stuck you can usually find someone who has done it before to help you figure it out. There are some very easy hat patterns available that walk you step by step through the whole process. The Ravelry search will allow you to set filters to find exactly what you need (you can set it to search for free patterns that are tagged "easy" in your choice of yarn weight.) I am "knittnponder" on that site and I have a simple ribbed hat on my projects page. If you click on one of them it will give you a link to the pattern.

I'm CSzabo on Ravelry and I have a children's hat pattern on my project page. I knit them for my nieces for Christmas and they were easy and quick. I forgot about the search engine but yes - it's a wonderful feature!

Is this knitting club still up and running?
big_smile.png

it can be!! whatcha knittin? i am making my daughter a scarf right now. simple pattern. pretty colors.

heres the one i am working on right now.
34076_photo_86.jpg

Last edited:
I adore knitting.In particular, I love cables and aran patterns.I have three sweaters going right now, and have promised to knit something for my dear spouse.I'll post some pictures once our internet is back up.Lightning strike ten days ago fried our lines and they still haven't been repaired yet!
Susan

Hey, Hi everyone, It's been a while since I got a notice from the knitting club. Yeah! I am working on a sweater for myself. Actually it's a sweater jacket and very basic except I am putting 6 inch borders just above the ribbing done in Fairisle. I haven't done any in years. My mum taught me to knit when I was very young while we still lived in the UK and I have her needles and what patterns she brought with her over here. The sweater is in an off white and the pattern is in light blue, yellow and burgundy. I'll have to post a photo as soon as I can take one. Glad to see some activity on this site. Love what you're doing Annie. Hope to see more pictures soon.

Well I learned how to knit a few years ago but I never kept up with it. I went online and relearned how to knit and so I am working on making some baby booties for my newborn twin cousins! I've also made a pot holder. After I finish maybe I'll have to post some pics!
smile.png
by the way, I love your scarf!

Yay! The Knitting Club is back!

I've been doing more knitting than spinning & crocheting this summer. I made 3 pleated skirts for my 18 mo granddaughter while she was visiting. My daughter says they are all she wants to wear now that she's back home.

Back
Top Bottom