BYC KNITTING CLUB

Today I finally started on some ornaments for our tree.
I like to a new set of ornaments each year & so far I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this set.
I haven't added the strings yet to hang them.

94687_kp1photo.jpg

94687_kp2photo.jpg

I am working on a set of birds to put in the tree, too. I like things that are often in trees in my trees. I don't know why.

A headband for... whoever stops by, I suppose. (Can also be a necklace.)
94687_2photo.jpg

For some reason the other headband photos won't upload.
sad.png

If I can just get through a week or so of knitting I can justify buying a little yarn in the new year.
I have knocked out a lot of my stash.

When I do shop again... I don't know where it will be. Bargain bin at my LYS, probably.

UF101- 2x on what MullersLane said! The first pair can be a hair puller but socks can quickly become 'no think' knitting. While pulling my hair out on my first pair I came across an interesting statement about sock knitting, when learning to knit socks we are also learning the basic skills for knitting a sweater. Depending on the yarn a pair can have close to the same number of stitches. There is a lot of condensed learning going on for that first pair, but it is a very cool bit of engineering to take string and turn it into something warm to cover a human foot! Hang in there, socks get easier! Please post pictures!

Lovely ornaments m.kitchengirl!

Got my last pair of Christmas socks sent off in the mail yesterday. 1/2 way through a pair of hand warmers and 3/4 through a scarf. Gift knitting is more or less under control but holiday house cleaning, well, that is another story. Knitting is so much more rewarding!
big_smile.png

HElP

I went to a snotty yarn shop and bought really pretty yarn. it was pricey too. i just deceided to unwrap it. turn it into a ball. rather than a snake formation!!! I am getting so frustrated!!!!! Its all becoming entangled. I hate it!!!!!! i have been at it for 25 minutes now. took a break to type this. were they supposed to ball it up for me there. let me tell you, this is the last time i go there.
sad.png

Many of the good yarns and the vast majority of hand spun yarns are sold in loose skeins. If you don't have a swift, the 'trick' to keep it untangled is to put it under tension. If you have another person, they can hold the skein open, or you could wrap it between two straight back chairs.

No, they weren't suppose to wind it into a ball for you. I'm sure if you asked, they would have.

What made them 'snotty'? I find the majority of yarn shops wonderful places.

hi,
what made them snooty, was when i asked if they had any for sale yarns (i got the look)) the look like...(oh shes probably not going to spend alot. I ended up spending, 27 dollars on 4 scanes of yarn.
ok. so that makes sense i guess, it was in the loose skein. i had a very bad time undoing it. swearing and cursing most of the time. i wanted to really buy this pretty soft yarn, but after spending close to over an hour, undoing it. sorry for the rant. this was the second time i had gone into this small yarn shop.

34076_photo_205.jpg

heres a picture of the finished product.

heres some more pictures
34076_photo_207.jpg

heres the other yarn i bought too.
34076_photo_206.jpg

Last edited:
Before I started spinning and had more equipment, I used to ball my yarn while sitting on the couch. I'd sit sideways, pull my knees up and put a skein around my knees to keep it opened up. Then I'd start winding it into a ball, unwinding the skein as I went.

MullersLandFarm, those are great mittens. I really like the cables. I like that gray yarn, too.

Back
Top Bottom