BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
I like the thought process put into homemade gifts. I started it because you can save money by making your own gifts, but at the same time, the thought you put into them is priceless. If you put together a basket of soaps, or stuff made from the kitchen, they are useful. I couldn't see getting dust collecting items that serve little purpose, so I decided one year that I would put useful things together. What better things than homemade stuff to eat!
wink.png
Or a basket of items to pamper oneself with?

I also like to give homemade gifts. One I just gave for a friends birthday was some peach jam that I made that I covered with a doily that I crocheted, a very pretty gift. I only give doilies to people that I know love them, they are a lot of work.

I spin my own yarn for knitting, so I have a list of wants from family and friends for handspun and knitted items. I'm making gloves for my sister now, just finished socks for my son....who insisted on wearing wool winter socks in summer because he loves everything I make him.

Wow! What great ideas - thank you all.

I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on now to come up with some really good ideas to suit my family... I'm thinking apple jelly for all though, since we will be starting to harvest our apples tomorrow (weather permitting).

Home made soap fascinates me - I have no clue where to start! Does anyone have a link to a good web page with a basic soap "recipe"?

Hmm, now I'm starting to think "2 small baskets would be good - one edible, one pamper"! I guess I could even call the second one a "pamper hamper"
big_smile.png

It's a shame that I've never got to grips with crochet though, as I like the sound of topping jars with a doily
hmm.png

Hugs,
Cat.

I've got 3 knitting and 1 crochet project running at once. Knitting: I am working on hats for a couple of DD'd friends, a felted tote for MIL's Christmas gift, and a blanket for my cousin's baby girl due in Nov. I am crocheting a plastic bag yarn (you make the yarn out of plastic grocery bags) tote for SIL for Christmas. I'm out of control.

Back
Top Bottom