BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens. I hope you get the OK. You won't have to go out of state and probably not even out of your area to get chicks. There are many good feed stores and chicken keepers on the Cape and south shore where you can get your chicken supplies. Cape Cod Feed Supply in West Barnstable has spring chicks, chicken feed, medications, heat lamps, waterers, feeders, etc.. I'm sure you could also easily obtain chickens from a connection on BYC. As someone mentioned, My Pet Chicken is also a good place to order from, especially if want a mixed flock who are all the same age. It's just so much easier to start a flock who are all the same age. I did it the other way with batches of chicks two weeks apart and it was kind of a hassle.

Thanks for all the advice. I did check with my local feed and grain store. They can get Favorelles next spring.
Have to get coop plans to the historic commission soon.
barnie.gif

I understand from another link that the Westford chicken swap takes place the 1st sunday of every month except July and August - can anyone verify that? Also, exactly where in Westford is the swap held?
Thanks again. This is a great forum!

Thanks for the info.
I noticed on your website that you have raised Faverolles and Sussex chickens. Are you still raising these breeds? Do you often attend the Westford swap?

Quote:
i have a trio of speckled sussex- think one of the hens just started laying
also have a trio of coronation sussex for sale

yes, we are always at the westford swap

Hello everyone. I live in Ipswich MA and I am in the planning stages of getting chickens. I have a used coop that someone gave me and I plan on expanding / improving it in the next few weeks in preparation for chickens. I have cleared a spot in my yard and gotten the necessary building permit. If time allows I plan on attending the Westford Chicken Swap in November. Perhaps I will meet some of you there. I am learning a lot so far from reading the forums.

Cheers!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom