BYC Needs Brainstorming HELP: Forum / Category / Section Ideas

Quote:
From what I have seen maybe we need to add "Borrow" to that list!
big_smile.png

John

I can see where the topics could just get far too diverse. Why not have sub forums?

I would also like to see the FAQ area updated with more items. Could we have a topic started asking for members to list their top six or more items they would like to see added to FAQ.

Have one link or two at tops to posts where these things are discussed. Since people regardless will not use search, and I have also not found topics using the search tool. The posts are too scattered and not departmentalized.
I realize this could take time, but the mods could gather as they read the threads the best links to answer the following list of questions, or those that you decide to add to the FAQ area.

Like,

Chicks--
Recomended heat temps.
Feed--
Medicated or not.
Shavings-straw
Brooders
Sexing chicks
Baby chick treats (yogurt)
etc. etc.

Adult Chickens

Treats.
Feeds, starter, grower, layer.

Poisonious plants for chickens.

Coops--
Gallery of pics.
types of wire. (reasons why to use hardware cloth)
Nest boxes.
Roosts.
Flooring.

Runs--
Gallery of pics.
Materials to build pros and cons.
Tops or roofs.
Flight netting.

Mating advice--
Hen coats for protection.
Fertility Questions.

Free Rangine, pros and cons to.

Breed Standards.
For instance under this have a sub forum with--
Showing tips.
Grroming.
Shows.
Equipment
etc.

I hope this helps to show what I am trying to say. I honestly see that how it is now, it is far easier to just ask a question than read through the thousands of posts. People will just not do so.
If at all possible when people sign up for membership. They are automatically taken or directed to this page so they have NO excuse for saying they never knew it existed.

Thanks for reading and I hope this will inspire some productive solutions to managing topics and discussions.

Dilly Girl

Last edited:
I like a lot of the suggestions that have already been posted here... many are ones I too would have suggested. I haven't read the entire post... so maybe this has been said already.... but maybe a spot for breeding/genetics information and questions. It's really hard to hunt down information on HOW to do certain things like with breeding for new traits, all the questions about inbreeding and line breeding, frizzles, silkies, Blues and splashes etc.

how about

1.breeding questions
2.geneitcs
3.hatchery questions

make them different the breeding questions get lost in the mounds of hatchery questions

Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures
I think should be divided in to
Emergencies
Injuries and Cures/ Diseases
Health
Because not every thing is an Emergency and Emergencies need answered first.

Last edited:
Personal medical issues and emotional ones.
It is scary to read some of these people's postings, and wonder ---is this for real? Is this person really as bad off as it is coming across?
These are issues that I cannot fathom why they are allowed on a chicken site.

Just my rant for the day.

Last edited:
A breeding forum for poultry or other birds. You know, questions on if eggs from your 'breeders' are fertile or not, if your 'breeders' have a good mating ratio, etc.

Get me?
pop.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom