BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Quote:
DO NOT, DO NOT EVER, DO NOT EVER EVER PUT A DENIM RAG QUILT IN YOUR WASHER!! take it to the laundermat to do. I killed a washer that was less than 1 week old because all the little threads came out in the washer and clogged EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I made a flannel rag quilt for a baby shower gift. I had a top and bottom fabric 10" square and put a piece of 8" batting in between. I stitched an x through the batting then sewed all the squares together with a 1" seem allowance. I then clipped all the seem allowances and waalaa a rag quilt. Thank goodness it was just a baby quilt though, the snipping too forever and my hand was so sore from the scissors!

To all of you experienced quilters out there--what is a reasonable, or the going rate to have a top quilted if you send it off? The local place here charges 1.75 cents per sq. in & that seemed high to me but is that the average nowadays? And is hand quilting more than long arm quilting?
Thanks!

I have a bunch of 6" squares and a bunch of 8" squares... enough to make a queen size quilt

can I use 2 different size of squares in a rag quilt or would it look funny?

of course i will back my 6" with another 6"... but if i were to make the center out of 6" and then as I run out of those i will border it with 8"... would it work?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom