BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

I'm going to have to lock this thread if Terrie posts any more gorgeous quilts.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Bad Terrie!
gig.gif

Seriously Terrie..... did you get a picture of the Roman Holiday quilt for me before it was gone?

chel

Okay so looking at something in a pictue and trying to recreate it is hard. I don't have the pattern for the butterflt quilt and thought i would eyeball it and get close. Well the first eyeball was not good and now I think i may have it. what do you all put your stitch length at when piecing?

Told you I was new to this, any help would be appreciated.

Sheila

My 11 yr old got a Singer Simple for Christmas.

1996_singersimple.jpg

She is piecing her first quilt out of all the flannel PJ's she has out grown.
smile.png
I think she may be addicted. lol

That's great MP! I can't wait to get my DD her first sewing machine... I don't think she's quite ready at age 9, but soon! Good for your daughter! A PJ pant quilt is a great way to start and to recycle the outgrown stuff!

Quote:
Miss P. what a neat present, and I'm sure she'll get years of enjoyment out of it.

NCF, 9 is not to young to get her a basic machine. Nowadays kids can handle a computer alot better than adults.
lau.gif

So a sewing machine shouldn't be too much harder. She can practice making doll clothes at first. But as my mother always said first you have to learn to thread a needle and sew a straight line by hand.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom