Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recommend the new platform on the Kindle, at least not yet. Tried that last night. Strange blend of old and new with some "different" error messages thrown in. Possibly because I have the newest version of Kindle Fire 10 running their latest OS?
Hope that gets streightened out soon, meantime it's performing well on my HP laptop with win10 and my Chrome browser.

Not sure this stuff can be changed, but....

I really miss being able to access the members 'threads started' from the profile popup.
The stuff I crossed out is already shown in avatar block and not really needed in the popup.
1579273358115.png

I lovelovelove the pic resizing!!

Also, the thumbnail band here obscures the bottom of the pic, have to 'full size' each pic to see it entirely. Couldn't see the birds legs here, important for IDing.
Not bad with just 2 pics but with more, it's laborious and not efficient functionality.
1579273517017.png

Funny all the kibbitzingbitchin about 'reactions' and their 'value'.
Maybe none of them should have any 'currency', then they wouldn't be so 'important'?
<chuckles> social media sure brings out our societies foibles, eh?

I agree.

Not sure this stuff can be changed, but....

I really miss being able to access the members 'threads started' from the profile popup.
The stuff I crossed out is already shown in avatar block and not really needed in the popup.
View attachment 2004506

I lovelovelove the pic resizing!!

Also, the thumbnail band here obscures the bottom of the pic, have to 'full size' each pic to see it entirely. Couldn't see the birds legs here, important for IDing.
Not bad with just 2 pics but with more, it's laborious and not efficient functionality.
View attachment 2004512

I agree again. A faster way to see threads started would sure help. That is one feature I used a lot before.
I haven't figured out the resizing on my kindle yet.....I need to play with that more.

I do very much miss being able to see the members location in portrait mode.
Having the members info across the top instead of on the left cuts that part out and forces a lot more scrolling.

I think that info is remembered by your browser, not the website. I block all websites from setting cookies, by default. Then enable those few sites that I need. Some type of cookies are persistent and need special handling.
I thought accepting cookies was a requirement for sites to work???
I block everything by default and then enable per site when I have to.
Probably a smart plan. I do disable tracking/targeted ads, mic and camera, location, etc. but always just blindly hit accept on cookies. :lau :oops:
Some websites do require cookies but most don't and work fine without them, but I have my browser set to private and to delete cookies on exit as well as my browsing history. I do have my browser to notify me when any site wants to place cookies on my computer and I can accept or reject the cookies. I have my mic and camera disabled. I don't use them anyway but often times when I do a search for items or information I was researching, suggestions will come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom