Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, LOOOOOOVING the changes!

I gotta say, whomever is running the show here has REALLY got his/her stuff TOGETHER!?

Can someone point me to them? I'd really like to directly share my respect and appreciation!

😉😆🤣
Ok everyone, who do you think we should send this guy to? :lau

OMG, LOOOOOOVING the changes!

I gotta say, whomever is running the show here has REALLY got his/her stuff TOGETHER!?

Can someone point me to them? I'd really like to directly share my respect and appreciation!

😉😆🤣
:lau :gig;)
I think @Nifty-Chicken is the one running the show, and he's doing a great job. @MattW and @CarpCharacin are doing great jobs too!

Still too bright!!! Can't the backgrounds be textured or greyed down some?

They have been.

What device do you BYC on?

I'm using a laptop Mac with the new Catalina OS.

On my page everything is completely flat and white except for what's in the text boxes and ads. There is no texturing in the background. It's very hard on the eyes. And if I dim my system everything on any other site I visit is too dark and I have to readjust it back to normal.

The circular avatars ever so slightly don't fit my avatar's borders and it makes me die a little inside.
We'll look into maybe changing this... maybe more square with rounded edges.... if possible.
The green "currently online" button might look a bit less tacky if it was solid green instead of having a little user thing in it.
We'll look into this too.
Are the "insert recently uploaded images" and the "insert bookmarks" functions
We don't have an easy way to do this that I know of, but we have it on our list-of-suggestions
Will we get back the post "#X of #X" again instead of just the post number of a thread?
I'd like to add it back. On the list.
If I log out of BYC I'm unable to log in here
We're not getting other reports of this. Maybe leave BYC, clear cache, and try again. I've tested on Chrome and Firefox and it's working fine.
I have seen a couple of cross-posts and here:
Might be posters working with a new user interface, but could be a tech glitch.
That would be my guess, but we'll keep an eye on it.
Now look at that thread.
There IS a reply.
Hmm... could just be a hiccup or slight delay. I clicked through the unanswered and didn't see any that had replies.
Is there any way you can make the font a bit more bold? And maybe change the brown text to blue?
At this point, we probably won't be making any more changes to the fonts and colors unless we can clearly determine if it's something that most people can agree on. We're realizing that we're at the point where if we change in any direction from where we are right now (with regard to main colors, fonts, etc.) it will cause 1/4 people to like it. 1/4 people to hate it. 1/2 people to not even notice or care. That said, if we can get to 1/2 like it, 1/4 hate it. 1/4 don't care... then we'll be inclined to make the changes :)

We'll look into maybe changing this... maybe more square with rounded edges.... if possible.
We'll look into this too.
We don't have an easy way to do this that I know of, but we have it on our list-of-suggestions
I'd like to add it back. On the list.
We're not getting other reports of this. Maybe leave BYC, clear cache, and try again. I've tested on Chrome and Firefox and it's working fine.
That would be my guess, but we'll keep an eye on it.
Hmm... could just be a hiccup or slight delay. I clicked through the unanswered and didn't see any that had replies.
At this point, we probably won't be making any more changes to the fonts and colors unless we can clearly determine if it's something that most people can agree on. We're realizing that we're at the point where if we change in any direction from where we are right now (with regard to main colors, fonts, etc.) it will cause 1/4 people to like it. 1/4 people to hate it. 1/2 people to not even notice or care. That said, if we can get to 1/2 like it, 1/4 hate it. 1/4 don't care... then we'll be inclined to make the changes :)
Thank you for all the replies. :bow You're the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom