Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just had this happen again.....
1) I click on quote & then on reply
2) page refreshes for me to type response below the "[coded] post" in blue tint....
3) I type and click on save
4) pages refreshes showing only my text
---exhibit a
View attachment 2025864
Yet when I did a /facepalm and clicked on the "..." To edit....
---exhibit b)
View attachment 2025865
It shows the fact of the quoted text as if everyone else is able to see what -- exhibit a doesn't show.

Go figure. Android/mobile mode..... Always exciting.
That is expected behavior. The post you quoted is just a post with another quote and some attached files, and XF doesn't do nested quotes, so it's normal. Also, if you are just quoting one post, you only have to click the reply button, and not the multi-quote button.

That is expected behavior. The post you quoted is just a post with another quote and some attached files, and XF doesn't do nested quotes, so it's normal. Also, if you are just quoting one post, you only have to click the reply button, and not the multi-quote button.
But, normally I see this blue tinted section on my normal "quote/replies"..... Screenshot_20200213-222312.png
Does this make sense now?

But, normally I see this blue tinted section on my normal "quote/replies".....View attachment 2025880
Does this make sense now?
Yeah, it makes perfect sense. Like I said, there is no text within the post you quoted, so the quote tags are empty. And the quote box won't display within a post if the quote doesn't contain any text.

If I may interrupt and interject, Kind Helper Person....um, it took me two years to learn to use that doggone quote button and I plan to use it until I fade away....🤣🤣🤣

If I may interrupt and interject, Kind Helper Person....um, it took me two years to learn to use that doggone quote button and I plan to use it until I fade away....🤣🤣🤣
I don't use the multi quote feature that often, when I want to quote someone, I'll just use the reply button, and it'll insert the quote into the editor. If the intention is to quote multiple posts at once, then using the multi quote may be more beneficial, as it allows the order of which the quotes will be inserted into the post to be changed. The multi quote feature works fine for quoting a single post, it just takes more clicks than using the reply button if only one post is being quoted.

It took me a few months to mostly learn how to use the forum software as an admin :p

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. Like I said, there is no text within the post you quoted, so the quote tags are empty. And the quote box won't display within a post if the quote doesn't contain any text.

This is what a re-quoted picture looks like in the blue highlighted region of a quoted text. (Yellow ochre colored text that is underlined) Yet, that one post of mine had nothing in blue text & definitely none of the yellow ochre colored text either...... Screenshot_20200213-232227.png

This is what a re-quoted picture looks like in the blue highlighted region of a quoted text. (Yellow ochre colored text that is underlined) Yet, that one post of mine had nothing in blue text & definitely none of the yellow ochre colored text either......View attachment 2025911
That image was inserted into the post, though. The images attached to the post you quoted earlier weren't inserted into the post, they were just attached, which causes them to display at the end of the post. Attached images don't leave any bbcode in the post if they aren't inserted inline. Like I said, it is expected behavior for that quote in your earlier post not to show.

Hey use to welcome allot of folks don't see any thing about new people now
busy old lady can we have that back please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom