Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Thanks!

We know a lot of people aren't able to pay for a PFM, so we (unlike pretty much every other site that just sprays you with ads and doesn't even provide options to remove ads) work hard to find ways for peeps to win / earn PFMs.

We want this to be a collaborative partnership and for BYC and our members to be successful. We want BYC to be around for years to come! We want to make sure the pictures a mother posts of her daughter with her first baby chick will be kept safe on servers so that the pictures can be seen by her grandaughter some day. We believe our success is your success... and your flock's success.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ :love :love :love :love :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Thanks!

We know a lot of people aren't able to pay for a PFM, so we (unlike pretty much every other site that just sprays you with ads and doesn't even provide options to remove ads) work hard to find ways for peeps to win / earn PFMs.

We want this to be a collaborative partnership and for BYC and our members to be successful. We want BYC to be around for years to come! We want to make sure the pictures a mother posts of her daughter with her first baby chick will be kept safe on servers so that the pictures can be seen by her grandaughter some day. We believe our success is your success... and your flock's success.
This is good to hear and it builds my confidence in the ethics that underpin the business model. I'm so happy to share my money with byc!!

Thanks again for all the friendly, helpful, and detailed feedback!

I'm editing the first post with some of the FAQ items we keep hearing. One of them is in regard to the site being "too bright" and the fonts being "too small".

The new design is actually less-white than it was before, but there were some things we were able to tweak to make it seem less-bright. We also slightly increased the font sizes.

Keep in mind we won't be able to please all the people all the time. We're doing our best, but having one site work "Goldilocks just-right" for millions of people, on hundreds of browsers and versions... across thousands of different desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone configurations, etc.... Well, you do the math on that complexity. It get's pretty exponential really fast.

We've tweaked a bunch of the font and color settings to hopefully resolve a lot of the issues.

Please keep providing feedback on the colors and fonts, but just remember that we can't necessarily find the perfect color combo for everyone.

(who knew that literally a million people wouldn't all agree on color schemes?!?!?)

Look at what @duluthralphie showed me (click on the blurred text:
Ralphie luvs Dux

The old version just had this.
ralphie_2.jpg
ralphie_bart.png

Thanks!

I suggest making an ethics statement and placing somewhere it's easily found so people can find it and be reassured. Maybe you've already got one, but if so I haven't encountered it after a year of daily use.

We've tweaked a bunch of the font and color settings to hopefully resolve a lot of the issues.

Please keep providing feedback on the colors and fonts, but just remember that we can't necessarily find the perfect color combo for everyone.

(who knew that literally a million people wouldn't all agree on color schemes?!?!?)
Much better! It was a little bit painful, but not anymore. I miss the green in the PMs though. That would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom