Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I totally know they listen in.......weird at times.

Recently hubs was asking me to look for new headlights for his specific year make and model of truck......
I had never looked for a single part for it......yet when I started to search Amazon it autofilled his exact truck......

it's no longer just "big brother" that is watching. 🤨
I think maybe big tech is big brother.

There's been a bit of talk about Ad-Blockers. A few thoughts / comments:

Keeping a site like this running and safe is a very time and money consuming task. Think about all the expenses / costs of developers, contractors, designers, servers, etc. etc. etc.

Ads are the way we keep this site going.

period

While we respect people's freedom to do what they want, we request that people either disable the ad-blockers on BYC or purchase / win a PFM.

Using BYC with ad-blockers puts more and more burden on us, especially as we compete with Facebook and other sites that will sell your information.

Personally, I don't ever use ad blocker on any sites I visit. I think it's wrong to use a free service and not allow the owners to receive compensation for their work and expenses.

One thing that (again personally) disappoints me is when people that use ad-blockers then complain and ask for changes. I find it rather rude.

Ad-blockers complicate things even more because they are often the cause for breaking functionality on a website.

Keeping a site like this running and safe is a very time and money consuming task. Think about all the expenses / costs of developers, contractors, designers, servers, etc. etc. etc.

period

While we respect people's freedom to do what they want, we request that people either disable the ad-blockers on BYC or purchase / win a PFM.

Using BYC with ad-blockers puts more and more burden on us, especially as we compete with Facebook and other sites that will sell your information.

Personally, I don't ever use ad blocker on any sites I visit. I think it's wrong to use a free service and not allow the owners to receive compensation for their work and expenses.

One thing that (again personally) disappoints me is when people that use ad-blockers then complain and ask for changes. I find it rather rude.

Ad-blockers complicate things even more because they are often the cause for breaking functionality on a website.
I'll pay to be premium. Happy to pay my share. Not happy about ads. Hope that's an agreeable outcome.

period

Agreed. The loading of ads, I think, is the biggest problem. And of course when there is a technical glitch and they end up in the posts.

But! I do know how to get rid of them, like you said, with a PFM.

You guys are doing great. Try not to get discouraged. :highfive:

Thanks BYC webteam. :thumbsup great work.

What I do miss is the BYC logo on my mobile phone. Just have white text instead of the logo, quit unreadable. But there is always the URL to show where I am. So I don’t mind very much...
Probably my iphone is too arrogant to show the logo.:oops:

286E30C7-8DE4-4A16-BED7-5DF425766C56.png

Thanks!

We know a lot of people aren't able to pay for a PFM, so we (unlike pretty much every other site that just sprays you with ads and doesn't even provide options to remove ads) work hard to find ways for peeps to win / earn PFMs.

We want this to be a collaborative partnership and for BYC and our members to be successful. We want BYC to be around for years to come! We want to make sure the pictures a mother posts of her daughter with her first baby chick will be kept safe on servers so that the pictures can be seen by her grandaughter some day. We believe our success is your success... and your flock's success.

Thanks BYC webteam. :thumbsup great work.

What I do miss is the BYC logo on my mobile phone. Just have white text instead of the logo, quit unreadable. But there is always the URL to show where I am. So I don’t mind very much...
Probably my iphone is too arrogant to show the logo.:oops:

View attachment 2002473
Ive got the logo.

period

I wish I could “love” this a million times and/or hug you and the staff for all your hard work! For now, These will have to do!! ♥♥😍💜:love:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Personally I have never really minded ads but I was awarded a PFM a few months ago and I do love having no ads now that I have it but I wish I could pay for it and support you guys!! I have gotten a couple free calendars too and I always feel bad getting free stuff because I know how hard you guys work!!! ♥

I have bought various things too though from the store and love them all. Maybe it is time I buy some more stuff!!! ♥

Thank you for all your hard work and creating this WONDERFUL website for us!!! ♥:hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom