Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
So geeky question about uploads. If I want to ad a short video in the future, say 'under 30 seconds or the little <15 second stuff? Is that possible? I've only ever done pics.....

Side note from Android/Firefox user...
The save draft while writing - is there a way I can change the time interval? I have officelibre backup & default save at every 2-3 minutes for our home-offixe PC's. Does this web software update have "this switch" or is it a "potentiometer"?

I just noticed something.
It says I'm watching this thread-
View attachment 2002798

But when I go to it, it doesn't say I'm watching it.
View attachment 2002799
I don't think I got an alert for it but it's higher on the list now...
Screenshot_20200114-202720~2.jpg

So geeky question about uploads. If I want to ad a short video in the future, say 'under 30 seconds or the little <15 second stuff? Is that possible? I've only ever done pics.....
While video directly uploads are technically possible with the software now, we have them disabled on BYC, because they'd probably take up a lot of server resources. It's best to just upload videos to YouTube or a similar site, and then embed them into your posts.
Side note from Android/Firefox user...
The save draft while writing - is there a way I can change the time interval? I have officelibre backup & default save at every 2-3 minutes for our home-offixe PC's. Does this web software update have "this switch" or is it a "potentiometer"?
You can't change the interval yourself, but it's possible for us to change it if there is an "objectively better" interval.

Well, I’m only on page 39 (and my pages only consist of 8 posts, which could get confusing) out of a total of 67 pages.

I guess I had gotten used to seeing the total number of posts posted beside the individual posts. I’m gonna miss that. I can do quick math using a page of 10 posts, but I don’t think I’ll be as successful with multiplying by 8. <hangs head> Bummer!

ETA: My pages now have a total of 10 posts. I’m so happy. In my defense, you know, the 8’s multiplication tables were one of the hardest.

Ooohhhhhh, I'd love to set my mobile & desktop PC default to be 10-20 posts per page..... Is that something we can add to the wish list of 'switchs to tweak' in the near future???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom