Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I don't see the option to edit the album cover image, but you can edit the privacy settings under edit album.
1579020627335.png
edit gallery album_1.png

Now I'm having trouble editing the last post. I can't put my cursor anywhere in the post after going into edit mode.

What is the purpose of the like buttons when I open the alerts list?

To edit now, I have to backspace to the point I want to change and retype the line, I can't just click to the spot to place my cursor there. The cursor stays at the end of the text no matter where I click.

Last edited:
Nope. Page refresh would begin from the post after the last post read. That's the way it's ALWAYS been in my entire experience with the internet (20+ years).
Sorry, but I beg to differ. XF1 appends an unread to the URL taking you to the latest post / message

Code:
https://{SITE}/threads/stora-tr%C3%A5den-om-mikrom%C3%A4rken-och-andra-affordables.60202/unread

The same happens in XF2, which is mapped to the unread post ID, and tagged to the end of the URL.

Below from an XF1.5 site which I work on, which is the version we have upgraded from:

1579021044552.png

If you refresh this page, you will always end up on that post ID.

I bet it was a lot of work but what was wrong with the old interface?

The people who developed the old interface no longer support it. It's a racket. Basically - buy our software, base your business on it, then - OOPS! - we're not supporting it anymore; buy our new upgrade, or tough luck. That's why Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar company.

Good job on the upgrade. I can imagine what a monstrous task.

2 things I miss are the notice when new alerts are in the que and I don't see an "unanswered threads' button.
I also can't take my cursor back to a previous spot in a line when I'm writing a post.
The unanswered threads link can be found by clicking on the down arrow on the forums tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom