Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
What ever you've just enabled -

View attachment 2002342

I suspect this.....is killing the server. I've deleted it.
That's the random images widget for the forum list. Rob said that I could enable it, but it wasn't saving properly. It worked okay on BYH.
I've had to restart the database twice to kill all the hung SQL queries caused by that random image widget that was enabled.
I feel like I messed things up :oops:
Hopefully it's due to the add-on, and not purely my fault.

database error_2.png

I agree that there are a lot of older people on this forum, and also I agree about the positive only reactions. It creates a lot of negativity and hurtfulness when people are downvoted per se, for the slightest remark.... which will cause people to not return and contribute to the community. Amazon got rid of those on their reviews which I thought was a really good decision.
And I loved the badges and the years at BYC showing on the profile...they were colorful and also gave me an idea of how active that person was, etc. The letters being so close together and so small and GREY, now the figures look and feel so insignificant.
I don't think any of them are intended as downvotes.
Those are coming back as soon as they're fixed. :)

View attachment 2002270
For those that want a darker format, Firefox has a good browser extension (Darkreader) that is extremely easy to install and use and works on every site that I've tried so far, including BYC.
It's the contrast that is an issue for some. The white letters on a dark background are hard on the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom