BYC website improvement ideas

vehve

The Token Finn
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
Kirkkonummi, Finland
My Coop
My Coop
This website really is a good source for information, and for the most part it functions quite nicely. There are two things that could be improved though.

Firstly, when someone comments on my coop design, i only get a e-mail notification, it doesn't show up on the site even though I'm subscribing to my own coop.

Secondly, in the profile page, there could be a box for a short description of yourself. Apparently many people use the "Jabber" field for this, but i'm assuming since most of the fields are for different social networking sites and messenger services, this field is also meant to be used for posting one's Jabber handle.

So I think it would be a nice improvement to add a "About me" field into the profile pages.

Hi ! ,
There's plenty of room in the "website" window to describe yourself and such.
Same with any of the social networking windows. They make great "notepads".
Best,
Karen in western PA, USA

Hi ! ,
Best,
Karen in western PA, US
While that's true, I'm wondering what kind of problems that causes to the system if these fields are actually used by the website for their intended uses, I'm seeing a potential to loads of faulty calls to a lot of different services. Personally, with some experience in software development, I think it would be better to use things the way they're intended to be used.

Also, some of these services are not really used that much anymore. I haven't used ICQ probably since the nineties or early 2000's. And MSN Messenger no longer exists. Maybe looking at the fields and adding services from this decade might be an idea too. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to name a few.

Hi ! ,
Best,
Karen in western PA, USA
What 3rivers said. Plus, if your threads aren't showing up in your subscriptions, you may want to check your settings since you are the first person I've heard with this problem.

What 3rivers said. Plus, if your threads aren't showing up in your subscriptions, you may want to check your settings since you are the first person I've heard with this problem.
Threads show up just fine, it's only the coop building article that doesn't show notifications on the website.

And about the different fields, I'm not saying you can't hammer in nails with an axe, it's just easier with a hammer.

We need to be able to search the buy, sell, trade section by state. Half the ads don't even list the state to start with. It would also be great to be able to search by breed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom