BYC Yummy Fudge Swap-Sign up!!! Swappers assigned.

Quote:
My fudge uses regular granulated sugar, but if it doesn't reach the proper temperature and stay there for a full 5 minutes it results in a grainy texture. Your choice of sugar is probaby fine, but you may want to check the temperature. If the recipes calles for it to boil, it usually has to maintain a rolling boil for about 5 minutes while being stirred. A lack of evaporated milk(or cream) or butter can also mess up the texture.

Well I made my fudge last night. I weighed the fudge on a postal scale. Each package contains between 15.2 ounces and 16.1 ounces of fudge. That's a lot of fudge. When I get fudge from everybody, I'll have to bring it to work. I'm a diabetic!! I will taste a tiny piece of each kind I get though.

Quote:
My fudge uses regular granulated sugar, but if it doesn't reach the proper temperature and stay there for a full 5 minutes it results in a grainy texture. Your choice of sugar is probaby fine, but you may want to check the temperature. If the recipes calles for it to boil, it usually has to maintain a rolling boil for about 5 minutes while being stirred. A lack of evaporated milk(or cream) or butter can also mess up the texture.

I agree but I also say that, sorry for the cheesieness and spoiled rotteness of me, but, the cheaper versions of sugar make a grainer texture. C&H sugar is my choice, SMOOTH!!! It just melts better than the cheaper versions. There are a lot of generics that are great but Sugar and Campbell's soup are 2 of my peeves! Gotta have them no matter what! LOL

thanks for all the help everyone im making another batch and shipping this morning as soon as its cooled.... please dont kill me if its not as good as yours
wink.png

on another subject... im getting a baby bunny today he/she is a blue rex
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom