California Hatchery

bells brood

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
i am in the sticks of VA, but only could find California Hatchery with the type of chicks I wanted - seven particular breeds. Shipped in April and two died since they did not put a heat pack in the box, also did not deliver two I ordered, but doubled up on one breed and included a different one (although they said ' no substitutes').

when i wrote them, they said they would deliver the two i did not get in July - and lo and behold they sent the seven again, but once more doubled up on one and naturally did not include one of the ones I wanted - also again one died.

did not complain as I certainly did not want more chicks!! only complaint now is that one of each batch is a rooster, so need to gently dispose of them.

I will say it sounds like you got your money's worth, even if you did not get one of the breeds you wanted.

I suggest locating a hatchery close to home that sells that one breed you still want.

As for the roosters, sell them , give them away, or butcher them when they are large enough.

Back
Top Bottom