California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. skeeve101

skeeve101 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    hmm the BLRW image from OR4-HMom looks very different from the ones from Chickee's. Almost look like two different varieties.

2. skeeve101

skeeve101 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    Chickee, sent you a PM

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I used hardware cloth wrapped around a pop door ramp, once. (Stapled underneath.) That gave the birds some traction. However, I would be surprised if Sebrights used the ramp - they are such good flyers.

I wish I hadn't had to rehome my Silver Sebright Roos, but they are LOUD boys! I had a Silver hen and a Golden Sebright hen; the Golden died egg bound before I knew how to diagnose that problem. Alice is my only tiny girl now. She is three, feisty as heck and lays an egg nearly every day right now. She has more rank in the Pecking Order (fifty hens) than all but the top five hens!

They're gorgeous birds.

You made a fantastic home for them! I, too, have coop envy, now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  4. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    I have LF Orpingtons that were raised with the two D'uccle bantams and we are building a seperate pen for the bantams. The Orpingtons pick on the one and the one big heifer will jump on her. I would stick with the bantams. Mine are great layers. Oh, and they eat less!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  5. amyfamily

amyfamily Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi everyone!
    Do any of you know where to get frizzles in Northern CA (I am near Folsom)? I am also looking for Swedish Flower Hen chicks too :)
    Thanks!

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Are you looking for a particular type of frizzle? For example, I have frizzled seramas and frizzled tolbunt polish. And I'm halfway between Folsom & Placerville.

7. Nikon

Nikon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Nevada County, CA
    My Coop

You should talk to MissMolly. She has both those breeds and lives in Newcastle. I haven't gotten any of those breeds from her (yet) but you can look at my photos if you want to see the quote of her chicks. They are awesome!

8. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    [​IMG] pretty sure all the dorking eggs are kaput. They are les "full" looking than my others and don't see any movement. sigh....

That means I am down to a dozen total. 5 from here and 7 shipped hoping for the best from the rest but dang. I started with 36.

I am not cut out for this.

9. amyfamily

amyfamily Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Both of those would be great!

10. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Hello Amy
    Pappabrooder has Swedish flowers and maybe just strutting to?

Sherry (or Shelly I can never remember) has silkie frizzles sometimes called sizzles. She advertises on your local craigslist and has outrageous birds. I have a sizzle and frilkie rooster I'll be yseing later in the year but they are not breeding yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by