California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    Does anyone know much about landlord/renter rights? Our landlord just shows up unannounced. I've asked him to just text before he heads over, but he only did once. I know they legally have to give 24 hours notice before they enter your property, but we are renting a house and "about 20 ft around the house" on a few acres that he is not doing anything with but won't rent to us. He completely ignored us for five months but after getting angry (and RUDE) about the chicken coop he cut down some weeds last weekend and just showed up this morning. I was definitely wearing a shirt and undies (the kids and I were just watching a movie) and my Mark is out of town, so I don't feel very comfortable, to say the least. He hasn't said anything to me or come up to the house, but he did come onto the 20ft because the driveway is right up against our house. I just feel upset and I'm not sure if he has to legally tell us he'll be here if he's working on the part we aren't really renting.

In other news, anyone know of any properties for rent that you could have chickens on? $2000 and under and within 45 mins of Novato? haha

Back to chickens!

2. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    miss Molly has Sweedish Flower Hens I think
    ugh so sorry. I am not sure the time frame but they are supposed to call first

3. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Juststruttin is in that local real estate business. She might know where to look.

1 person likes this.
  4. Flowers of Abba

Flowers of Abba Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    South lake tahoe
    D
    The coop is 16 sq ft floor space? Would you mind posting an interior shot?
    My husband is working 6-7 days a week now and my breeding plans can't compete with his summer building schedule.

5. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA

6. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wanted to share some pictures of our coop [​IMG]

ETA we still need to paint and put in real roosts

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  7. lawatt

lawatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    wow, gorgeous, jordan!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  8. lizanne

lizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Citrus Heights, Ca
    Nice!! It looks huge inside! Like a little house. If our coop was that big I would have a hard time keeping my kids out of it.

9. amyfamily

amyfamily Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Beautiful!!

10. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    That is really cool! About your landlord I found this under California renters rights: intrusions:
    All California renters are guaranteed a reasonable right to privacy. While the landlord may own a rental property and possess a key, he or she is not permitted to enter at any time for any reason. According to California's Civil Code 1954, property owners may enter a dwelling in the event of an emergency (such as a fire) or to conduct business (inspecting, repairing or showing the apartment to potential tenants). If the landlord is not entering in response to an emergency, he or she must provide the tenant with an advance, written notice that states both the reason for entry and the window of time (usually daytime business hours) during which the entry will occur. Tenants may sue and even make a citizen's arrest of a landlord who enters the property for any other reason.

Read more: Renters Laws in California | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6519288_renters-laws-california.html#ixzz2R8kaVpvn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by