California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Chickengirl1304

Chickengirl1304 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    California
    Are you looking only for bantams? And I was curious, with only two little birds what do you have them for? Just because they're pretty? Or are they good layers? I love the seabrights:) they're beautiful I would like to have a whole yard full of them Haha

2. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    That is one hot hen house! I hope the girls approve.

3. Ali707

Ali707 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Magnolia, TX
    Oh yay!!! I will trade you some eggs!!!!! Oh wait .....:D I will think of something. Maybe donated manual labor for the canning process. ;)

4. Ali707

Aug 30, 2010
    Magnolia, TX

So would these be considered your grandchickens then?

Mine are all adopted and due next weekend!

5. lizanne

lizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Citrus Heights, Ca

:lol: I've been meaning to ask you (and anyone else close to me), which feed store do you go to? :rolleyes: I usually go to the one in Granite Bay, but they are super expensive. I've been to the one in Rio Linda, and their feed is much cheaper, but they seem to know nothing about chickens, or the types of feed they have.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop

7. Ali707

Aug 30, 2010
    Magnolia, TX

Well by default I have been going to the same one in Granite Bay and yeah they are expensive. I have gone to the one in Rio Linda and it did seem their prices were lower but they didn't know anything about quail either. You ask a question and you get a pretty much bs answer. That is not unique to them though. Granite Bay is much closer to me however and gas/time offsets a little of the price difference.

So I try to do my research here before I go and then just hope they have what I need when I get there. Calling ahead has proven unreliable as well.

There is another one in Orangevale on Hazel, Western Ranch and Feed or something..... I went there once as a looky lou and they had less space but seemed to carry the basic chicken supplies plus a little more. I think because of their location (not Grantite Bay) they are a little less expensive.

Frankly I am still looking for my go to place.

8. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California
    OMG, Those look amazing :)

9. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Everybody.

Well, I have here two chicks out of my first test run of the refurbished Sportsman incubator. These are from the Silky Rooster "Owl" that I got from Chiqita at the Stockton show.. and the Silkies/Sizzles I got from SilkesForever.

Anyway - my math must have been off, because they were "due" to hatch Tuesday - I thought. One hatched yesterday and the other hatched this morning. I have one more pipping in there, and I think UP (the first out) is looking for his cheeping buddy because he is LOUD!

CUTENESS OVERLOAD WARNING!
    [​IMG]

One more pip and 5 more eggs in there.. we will see..

10. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California

Lovely coop....

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by