California - Northern

Hi Everybody.

Well, I have here two chicks out of my first test run of the refurbished Sportsman incubator. These are from the Silky Rooster "Owl" that I got from Chiqita at the Stockton show.. and the Silkies/Sizzles I got from SilkesForever.

Anyway - my math must have been off, because they were "due" to hatch Tuesday - I thought. One hatched yesterday and the other hatched this morning. I have one more pipping in there, and I think UP (the first out) is looking for his cheeping buddy because he is LOUD!

CUTENESS OVERLOAD WARNING!

One more pip and 5 more eggs in there.. we will see..

jumpy.gif
yesss.gif

Did you put in a digital kit when you refurbished the Sportsman?

Ok I have 3 eggs due Monday. One hatched today. 2 still have not pipped. That chick is there peeping it's head off. It's in my bedroom in the bator still. Oh Lordy is it loud. Is it going to be ok in there alone? And should I be worried that the other 2 have no pips yet?

Here is a pic of what i guess is my bantam Wyandotte and sizzle cross. Darn sneaky sizzle rooster.

Trying not to be too bummed.

Ok I have 3 eggs due Monday. One hatched today. 2 still have not pipped. That chick is there peeping it's head off. It's in my bedroom in the bator still. Oh Lordy is it loud. Is it going to be ok in there alone? And should I be worried that the other 2 have no pips yet?

Here is a pic of what i guess is my bantam Wyandotte and sizzle cross. Darn sneaky sizzle rooster.

I love it!

Some put in a mirror for them.

Hi Everybody. Well, I have here two chicks out of my first test run of the refurbished Sportsman incubator. These are from the Silky Rooster "Owl" that I got from Chiqita at the Stockton show.. and the Silkies/Sizzles I got from SilkesForever. Anyway - my math must have been off, because they were "due" to hatch Tuesday - I thought. One hatched yesterday and the other hatched this morning. I have one more pipping in there, and I think UP (the first out) is looking for his cheeping buddy because he is LOUD! CUTENESS OVERLOAD WARNING! One more pip and 5 more eggs in there.. we will see..
My grandchicks! I have to pass on the pictures to owls original Mona she will be happy!
Ok I have 3 eggs due Monday. One hatched today. 2 still have not pipped. That chick is there peeping it's head off. It's in my bedroom in the bator still. Oh Lordy is it loud. Is it going to be ok in there alone? And should I be worried that the other 2 have no pips yet? Here is a pic of what i guess is my bantam Wyandotte and sizzle cross. Darn sneaky sizzle rooster.
Hey! People do frizzle genes in all sorts of chickens. Welcome to your first project! Think of it as exciting!

Quote: Yes, I put the digital thermostat from ebay in there - direct hookup and once I figured out how to change it from cooling to heating it has been on ever since. I have been tweaking it on the humidity and had to change its "base" setting because it was one degree off - and it is Celsius so that is not good.. but it has been good enough to hatch out these cuties for me.
Quote: That is a cute chick. I wonder if the loud one is calling for one of its friends who hasn't hatched yet? I suspect that's what is going on with UP. They peep to each other in the shell and become "friends". If separated they will call to find their friends..

UP is named because it wasn't even pipped when I moved the eggs out of the turner two days ago (18 days, I thought) - then that evening I saw a pip. Except yesterday it was UP who was totally out, and number two was still pipping. Number two got out this morning and now I have Pipper in there working on its shell.

Well, UP has started up again peeping.. number two is sleeping and UP is still UP. I think I will try and sleep...Peep, Peep, Peep!

Pam, just hang in there. I had some shipped marans eggs due yesterday also, they started hatching today, some just pipped within the last hour.

That's the same one I just bought. Only $200 more and brand new, including shipping. Came with all the racks too and extra supplies, 2 yr warranty.
oh me! I could get into big trouble with that!! What a nice incubator.

The chicks are coming the chicks are coming! So far 1 Pita Pinta and 1 Basque have made their debut. 3 more are zipping and 6 more have pipped. This is nuts!! (Disclaimer: this is the first time I'm hatching my own eggs from my chickens I had as eggs. Crazy!)

BigDaddysMom I'm sure it will be fine. At least there's one pip happening. The others can't be far behind!

Beautiful coop pictures today! Makes me want to build another one. They're the best when they're new ;-)
Congratulations on your hatch. That is so exciting!

Keeping my fingers crossed for BigDaddysMom too.

The chicks are coming the chicks are coming! So far 1 Pita Pinta and 1 Basque have made their debut. 3 more are zipping and 6 more have pipped. This is nuts!! (Disclaimer: this is the first time I'm hatching my own eggs from my chickens I had as eggs. Crazy!)

BigDaddysMom I'm sure it will be fine. At least there's one pip happening. The others can't be far behind!

Beautiful coop pictures today! Makes me want to build another one. They're the best when they're new ;-)

Congratulations on your hatch.  That is so exciting!

Keeping my fingers crossed for BigDaddysMom too.

Keep it up, one chick out of the shell, one more starting to zip......zip pity do da!!!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom