California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Flowers of Abba

Flowers of Abba Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    South lake tahoe
    Debs_flock I sent a pm about eggs.

2. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California
    I
    It looks great. You can do it ... :)

3. Flowers of Abba

Flowers of Abba Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    South lake tahoe

Spoke with dh, he thinks its a wonderful idea ;-). We always bristle when designing coops together. Is it possible to get a slant on the metal roofing? We get tons of snow.......I'll pm you.

Also I was on Craigslist and found adorable pictures of your flock. Well done!
    Kandi

4. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Yeah! Woke up to these three! One is from the shipped eggs. Another one of the shipped eggs is pipped and the one OE from my Blue Copper Marans covered by my Silver Ameraucana has also pipped. The four that hatched last hatch were all Blues with nicely feathered feet so I wanted another (I only kept one).
    [​IMG]

5. chicksnthestiks

chicksnthestiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Gold Country, CA
    It is always such a joy to get up in the morning, have a cup of coffee and see all the new chicks hatching. Congrats everyone!

6. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    Wonderful news. Keep them coming.

7. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California

I think a frizzle BLRW bantam would be awesome. I would try that on purpose ... Congrats :)

8. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

BigDaddy- congrats on the new chicks! They are so cute. What a fun thing to wake to!

Jordan - your coop is so roomy. When are you getting more chicks? So much space...so little time. Hehe

9. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Egg #2 is peeping like crazy. But hasn't pipped yet. Egg #3 is a day behind so she's still fine. Movement still. I pulled the baby out for a few minutes. Poor sweet alone thing lol. Cute tho. And so soft. I admit I'm curious what the blrw thing is going to do in a sizzle...

10. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I took my Australorps and Black Penes outside yesterday!

The little one in the middle is a two week old Black Pene. The Australorps are three weeks old.

[​IMG]

What a Ham this one is!

[​IMG]

A week makes a big difference in Size!

[​IMG]

I have a video encoding and will post it when it is ready!(kidding here--The Australorps are big old Show Quality birds. The Black Pene on the right will get big for a Pene but will not be like an Australorp).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by