California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks guys. Yes she totally hatched on her own. She pipped last night and I left her alone and she hatched later this afternoon. Only opened the bator when I saw her tummy was not right after she had fully hatched. She all but exploded from the egg too after zipping. It was crazy. I tried to keep the temp stable- it was doing pretty good until last night it had a spike to 102. Her tummy seems to be getting smaller. That's good right?

2. zooweemama

haha awesome! Love it!

3. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    One of Kim's Delaware chicks pipped the wrong end and did that! I was amazed....

4. BCollie

BCollie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    Redding, CA
    Hey guys. So I really need to figure this out tonight. HOW am I going to hang my heat lamp?! The ceiling is extremely tall, it would be a pain to hang it from there(if I can even reach the ceiling). Someone suggested a tripod, but unfortunately I don't have a spare one. I use both of mine in photoshoots, and have multiple photoshoots planned the next few weeks.
    For the brooder, I'm using a cardboard box that is approximately 3.5' x 3.5', with white sand in the bottom. The inside of the brooder, from the sand to the chickenwire I have covering the top, is 1.5'.

So, how am I going to hang this heat lamp? Any ideas?! My chicks should be here on the 29th.

5. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    Yes, the chick just needs to finish absorbing the yolk. It will be fine!

6. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    I clip mine to an extension pole-the kind used for painting. A broom handle will work. I have a wooden spoon stuck in the clip to hold it straight.

Do you need a picture?

7. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    so it is 18" tall? you will have to put something taller on both sides so it can hang 2 feet above the bedding 18" at the least ( this is light level.)

8. zooweemama

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Introducing my frankenchickens.
    Blue sizzle roo X bantam blue laced red wyandotte hen. An oops. A cute oops lol. Several days old.

9. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Silkie skulls!

10. lizanne

lizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Citrus Heights, Ca
    Where are you putting the brooder? What does your heat lamp look like? You could attach it to the side of something else (book shelf... ). I'm trying to envision your set up in my head, but sometimes I do some "creative construction".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by