California - Northern

Only 2 out of 5 chicks survived. 2/5 = 40/100

I wanted 4 bantams (I don't have very much space), but minimum order was 5 bantams.

Although now I have 6, because they replaced the order and out of the second order 4 out of 5 survived. 4/5 = 80/100

2 + 4 = 6! Once they all grow up, I will see if they have enough space.
Well don't I feel silly. At least I did preface that by saying I am not a math wizard. Of course to get that I didn't even need to be a wizard. :)

Last edited:
I live just outside city limits so I have my chickens and so does everyone who lives around this area. My chickens are in an enclosed area. Except Coo Coo who roams the backyard. Our neighbor has bantams they started with 2 now they are ten. Some pullets from their last hatch and the chicks. They all seen to wander into my front yard . Out dog chases them away they fly and are very much wild chickens. I told my neighbors to be careful since I don't want my dog to get them. All they told me was to shoo them away. Idno what to do about this. My dad is upset because they destroy the flowers. Sigh

Last edited:
I live just outside city limits so I have my chickens and so does everyone who lives around this area. My chickens are in an enclosed area. Except Coo Coo who roams the backyard. Our neighbor has bantams they started with 2 now they are ten. Some pullets from their last hatch and the chicks. They all seen to wander into my front yard . Out dog chases them away they fly and are very much wild chickens. I told my neighbors to be careful since I don't want my dog to get them. All they told me was to shoo them away. Idno what to do about this. My dad is upset because they destroy the flowers. Sigh

That is very sad!

The owner is responsible for the Damage that an animal causes. It is not a defense to say it is their nature. The same applies if a dog goes to someone elses place and kills their chickens.

See if you can get the neighbor to pay for fencing to protect your plants.

Sadly the loose chickens will probably not be around much longer.

That is very sad!

The owner is responsible for the Damage that an animal causes. It is not a defense to say it is their nature. The same applies if a dog goes to someone elses place and kills their chickens.

The thing is we have a very high fence already. We have a Belgan Malinois, so he jumps very high and was able to clear the fence in one leap. We took the precautions and have 6 or 7 foot fence around the front yard. The little bantams that come to my yard can fly from our yard to the neighbor's roof. There is nothing i can do to keep them out. They need to either clip their wings or put them in an enclosed area. I don't want their chicks to get hurt and i also don't want my dad upset over the garden damage. But I also don't want the neighbors not liking us over something like this.

The thing is we have a very high fence already. We have a Belgan Malinois, so he jumps very high and was able to clear the fence in one leap. We took the precautions and have 6 or 7 foot fence around the front yard. The little bantams that come to my yard can fly from our yard to the neighbor's roof. There is nothing i can do to keep them out. They need to either clip their wings or put them in an enclosed area. I don't want their chicks to get hurt and i also don't want my dad upset over the garden damage. But I also don't want the neighbors not liking us over something like this.
Can you have the neighbor cut the flying feathers off of one wing? It really is the neighbors responsibility to keep them on their own property.

Can you have the neighbor cut the flying feathers off of one wing?

It really is the neighbors responsibility to keep them on their own property.
I know, I think they just don't care. It started when the neighbor's kids saw my hens. They would stare at them for hours. Their mother saw them and apologized to me. I don't see why it needed an apology since they did nothing wrong. I guess the begged their parents to get some too. And they just let them roam everywhere. I hope they feed them and they don't just expect them to find their own food all over the neighborhood.

I wish I could but I am really trying to avoid a terrible commute. Don't think I didn't look on the map to see where Placerville was located....

bitchy.... broody...... similar b words.

Don't tempt me. I am looking at Auburn now :)

lau.gif

So I am not a math wizard and I am trying to figure out how many you started with to get a 40% survival rate and two birds?
Auburn is a good place too
After a moment of silence for the missing Quail and a quick prayer for their safe return, Lets look at some Pictures!

The Blue and Black Australorps from Hupp Farms are coming along nicely! I like their fluff and puck look...

looking good Ron

That is very sad!

Except if you live in Fair Oaks. They have a huge wild chicken "problem". They just roam around all over there.
All my neighbors seem to love my illegal chickens. Everyone wants fresh eggs. I try to keep the meat chicken part on the down-low, some people that are ok with laying hens seem to get a little huffy about you actually processing them (as they chow down on their McNuggets). My hubby let that one slip to one of the neighbors yesterday, and now they want to try some "home fresh" chicken too.
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom