California - Northern

Anyone up for some more chicken portraits? I let the flock out in the back yard yesterday to get their minds off of the humid heat and double smoke.
rant.gif

Here's most of the gang. You can see how smokey it is over the lake... bleck!
sickbyc.gif

Brawny the Orpington. Little Ellie (bottom left) is TINY and Brawny is HUGE!

Hershey, our BCM from Deb.

Gosh I wish you could take pictures of my daughter. If you can make chickens look this good.....
smile.png

It seems like the school pictures they take have a requirement to be bad.

Taking photos has been sorta-kinda keeping my mind off of the great countdown to EGGS!
yippiechickie.gif

Speckles the slash OE Rooster. He's always been a great model.

The beautiful and cuddly Babs the Brahma

Olive the OE. She was hot. :S

Gosh I wish you could take pictures of my daughter. If you can make chickens look this good.....
smile.png

It seems like the school pictures they take have a requirement to be bad.

I totally would take pictures of your daughter
wink.png
Oh I know they're terrible! It's just one step above mugshot, no personality whatsoever.

Ron I was curious, do you know how the birds are housed at greenfire? Are they inside? Or out?
Greenfire says:

Our chickens live in large pens or free-range. A pen that holds three chickens on Greenfire Farms is about the same size as a pen that holds a thousand chickens on a factory farm. Our cattle graze on natural grass untouched by synthetic fertilizers or herbicides.

It must be true, it is on the Internet....

Greenfire says:

Our chickens live in large pens or free-range. A pen that holds three chickens on Greenfire Farms is about the same size as a pen that holds a thousand chickens on a factory farm. Our cattle graze on natural grass untouched by synthetic fertilizers or herbicides.

It must be true, it is on the Internet....
Haha ok thanks :)

What breed is the chick?

With Wheaten chicks you can tell by the color of the wing feathers and the feathers are dark on this cutey. The legs are big and it looks like the tail feathers are missing or too short.

My guess is cockerel too.

This is one of my two olandsk dwarf chicks! I LOVE them . Two out of seven! We are determined to keep trying to build a flock . So far very hard to hatch. It's fun cause they're a landrace and we can actually
Name them.... This brown one is quite larger than the other and is very
"Protective " over the other chick.

This is one of my two olandsk dwarf chicks! I LOVE them . Two out of seven! We are determined to keep trying to build a flock . So far very hard to hatch. It's fun cause they're a landrace and we can actually
Name them.... This brown one is quite larger than the other and is very
"Protective " over the other chick.
I hope you wind up with a pair!

I bet you will be able to hatch eggs from them much easier--shipping is very hard on some breeds.

Hi everyone,
I am new to chickens and have been following this thread, since I live in the Sierra foothills.
So my question is: do I need to move my broody Silkie if she is sitting on eggs out of the coop? She seems to be just fine in her spot. She is only with the daddy a lavendar ameracauna and April an Ameracauna, who's eggs she keeps confiscating. I am super excited to see what this cross will look like.
Just wanted to get some expert opinions on this one.
Also, I have 2 roosters living together in one coop with 5 hens. Am I gonna have to remove one of them? They have been raised together since day olds. So far they have gotten along, but they have begun crowing now. Can they live together in harmony?
Thanks for any info you can give.

Hi everyone,
I am new to chickens and have been following this thread, since I live in the Sierra foothills.
So my question is: do I need to move my broody Silkie if she is sitting on eggs out of the coop? She seems to be just fine in her spot. She is only with the daddy a lavendar ameracauna and April an Ameracauna, who's eggs she keeps confiscating. I am super excited to see what this cross will look like.
Just wanted to get some expert opinions on this one.
Also, I have 2 roosters living together in one coop with 5 hens. Am I gonna have to remove one of them? They have been raised together since day olds. So far they have gotten along, but they have begun crowing now. Can they live together in harmony?
Thanks for any info you can give.
It is good to hear from your!

I would move her if she is not safe from predators where she has her nest.

Keeping 2 roosters with 5 pullets really depends on the Breed and the specific chickens at your place. I do try to separate the boys from the girls when they get to about 3 or so months old. I would watch them since the boys are starting to get that teenage hormone rush.

Back
Top Bottom