California - Northern

So I've got an AM bantam cockerel who isn't doing so well. He's fluffed up, thin, very lethargic, eyes closed, clicking when he breathes, and not eating or drinking unless forced. I'm thinking either worms, or cocci. I've given him a small amount of dewormer, as too much in a weak state could kill them. Anything else?

I'm so bummed right now because tomorrow was my deworming day.
rant.gif
Do you have liquid Corid? If so, you could give him some orally - .2ml per kg (2.2 pounds). Clicking when when they breath often means respiratory. If he were mine I would bring him inside and tube fluids to correct his hydration status as he is probably dehydrated. FYI, I'm available by phone to teach people how to tube. With the right equipment, it is sooooooooo much safer, easier and less stressful than syringe feeding.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/805728/go-team-tube-feeding

-Kathy

NPA pigeons can't be removed. That is unless you can saw through the plastic or the bird is dead. I have seen removable ring bands in pigeon sizes though.
The bands I used snap off. They were not all that nice.

We are back to zip ties now.

I used different color zip ties for the quail we took to fair. They were easily clipped off with toe nail clippers. I felt I had more control with the clippers than cutters.

I'll be wing banding my peachicks this year. Each chick will get two in case one falls off, which I've been told does happen.

-Kathy
Kathy,,, I have never had one fall off that was clipped on correctly. You can tell when you close it if it screws up & you just remove it & use another. It doesn't happen often.
Thanks, that's good to know! What type have you used?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom