California - Northern

Quote:

What is it with dogs and people going to the restroom??? I think I would be a little self-concious with all those eyes watching me...

Usually when I head for the hallway, they all rush in ahead of me, run into the bathroom, spin around and stand there and wait for me. If I pass the bathroom door, they rush out and run to my bedroom because they know that's where I am headed.

And watch me they do, if I'm home alone I never bother to close the door. They watch me like a hawk, as soon as I reach for.......paper, they jump up and leave the room. They know that's the cue I will be leaving.

Same as while eating. Emma the Great Dane will stand and watch me eat, the split second the last bit passes my lips, she'll turn and walk away. Now Aggie the oldest BC, knows that if I get a bit of meat that is too chewy, it "comes back out". She'll watch me until I finish chewing before she walks away............she always has hope until I swallow,
lau.gif

There is also "FishMox" which you find in a fish store or basically online. Basically this is Amoxcillian in pill form most are 250 mg, but there are 500 mg tabs (I believe) great to have in your arsenal! And there is also "FishZole" which is Metronidazole. One of my Eng. Blue Orp pullets lost an eye and I gave her FishMox to cover any potential infection. Works great

I really like the combo of the mottled, the beard and the blue eggs. I also think I probably have enough to keep me happy for now...the first one I got from shipped eggs is mottled, but I think I would like little more white than she has.

I may be wrong but if they are like my Dels and Speckled Sussex they get more of their contrast color with every molt. Dels get more black..SS get more white. She is lovely!

thumbsup.gif
I hope that they all hatch and are pullets! You are going to love them, I promise!
You and me both and your descriptions of them already had me swooning!

There is also "FishMox" which you find in a fish store or basically online.  Basically this is Amoxcillian in pill form  most are 250 mg, but there are 500 mg tabs (I believe) great to have in your arsenal!  And there is also "FishZole" which is Metronidazole.  One of my Eng.  Blue Orp pullets lost an eye and I gave her FishMox  to cover any potential infection.  Works great

Both are great drugs to have in a first aid kit!

-Kathy

Got the final necropsy report back, now that the cultures are done. Will someone please tell me what this means?

It sounds like the same thing--internal laying. They pass quickly from it but she seems to have lingered a bit--it says she had lost a lot of muscle and the condition of the heart, liver and etc. suggested she was not eating too.

Good news, no e-coli or Salmonella..

Last edited:
I can tell you where UPS and AAA auto insurance (Auto Insurance of Northern CA and Southern CA) draw the line for the central coast area. We live in a small town called Lockwood (population 200). We can also get mail out of Bradley (population 93). If we use our Lockwood address (P.O. boxes only, no home delivery) we are in Northern CA. If we use our Bradley address (we have a mail box on a rural road and get home delivery for that address) we are in Southern CA. We had a choice to go with auto insurance through AAA of choosing Northern CA or Southern CA. The rates were cheaper in So. CA. Basically, if we want mail to go north, we send it through the Lockwood address. Their next major post office station is in Salinas. If we are sending mail to go south, we sent it through the Bradley address. Their next major post office is in Goleta. So, we must be on the border for the Central Coast. We have a phone number with a southern prefix. Our neighbors in either direction have a northern prefix. We were not allowed to get the northern prefix. All of the land lines are crossed up around here and our only provider, AT&T, decides who is in what area (northern or southern).

I can tell you where UPS and AAA auto insurance (Auto Insurance of Northern CA and Southern CA) draw the line for the central coast area. We live in a small town called Lockwood (population 200). We can also get mail out of Bradley (population 93). If we use our Lockwood address (P.O. boxes only, no home delivery) we are in Northern CA. If we use our Bradley address (we have a mail box on a rural road and get home delivery for that address) we are in Southern CA. We had a choice to go with auto insurance through AAA of choosing Northern CA or Southern CA. The rates were cheaper in So. CA. Basically, if we want mail to go north, we send it through the Lockwood address. Their next major post office station is in Salinas. If we are sending mail to go south, we sent it through the Bradley address. Their next major post office is in Goleta. So, we must be on the border for the Central Coast. We have a phone number with a southern prefix. Our neighbors in either direction have a northern prefix. We were not allowed to get the northern prefix. All of the land lines are crossed up around here and our only provider, AT&T, decides who is in what area (northern or southern).

welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to our awesome thread!

Back
Top Bottom