California - Northern

Two weeks for the oldest and just days behind for some of the others my 7 little sweeties
The prize goes to Faile the CLB Pullet I was after initially

Snowball my new Delaware not sure gender yet too soon to tell

Pepper the Pita Pinta (stands tall a lot boy?)

And Salt (more subdued sister)

Reggie a boy by the brownish coloring and head spot lack of eye stripes and subdued chipmunk markings though more pronounced than the other boy)
Also the smallest of the lot maybe the last to hatch I think.

The other boy almost as big as Snowball

Verin initially thought of as a girl but head spot and subdued chipmunk stripes have us guessing. (She is blacker though than the boys)

Flash and poor camera(and photographer) probably not making it easy.

Brrrr, it's chilly this morning! We'd better enjoy it, as starting Sunday we're in triple digits all week.
sickbyc.gif

Brrrr, it's chilly this morning! We'd better enjoy it, as starting Sunday we're in triple digits all week.
sickbyc.gif
Not looking forward to triple digits! I like temps in the 70's-80's. I have 9 three week old chicks still in an indoor brooder. It has been so hot here in our house that I've had the heat lamp turned off for several days. Last evening, they were chirping like crazy. I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I looked at the thermometer and it was 72 in the house. Poor babies were cold! I turned on the heat lamp and they were instantly quiet.
smile.png

Two weeks for the oldest and just days behind for some of the others my 7 little sweeties
The prize goes to Faile the CLB Pullet I was after initially

Snowball my new Delaware not sure gender yet too soon to tell

Pepper the Pita Pinta (stands tall a lot boy?)

And Salt (more subdued sister)

Reggie a boy by the brownish coloring and head spot lack of eye stripes and subdued chipmunk markings though more pronounced than the other boy)
Also the smallest of the lot maybe the last to hatch I think.

The other boy almost as big as Snowball

Verin initially thought of as a girl but head spot and subdued chipmunk stripes have us guessing. (She is blacker though than the boys)

Flash and poor camera(and photographer) probably not making it easy.
Looking Good Chris!

Oh come ON with the Pita Pinta pics! You're killing those of us still putting up some token resistance. So freaking cute.
I've given up. Pitas are on my hatching list...

sickbyc.gif
Uggg! Time to start stocking up on ice...

Resistance is Futile....
I know, I know!
droolin.gif
and UofA Blues.. and Golden Cuckoo Marans...and...

...so when's the next egg train heading north of Sac?
hide.gif

YAY! My red bourbon turkey eggs will be here today! My hens are defying me and not broody of course so I'm bring the eggs over to Sac area for a friend of mine to incubate. I hope we get some babies! :D

@Kaylish I know that at some point before this broody season is over...I have a second one on round 2 now...that I will be driving up to Nor Cal chickens to get some of her bantam eggs and possibly others so I will be good for the Woodland or Williams North segment...just don't know when yet but I will keep you posted.

Everyone Experienced with grating chicks esp Silkie people: I am picking up 3, 6 day old marans from lawatt tomorrow as well as some older chicks that I will be chick sitting while she is OOT. I would like to give the younger ones to my broody sizzle. Do you think they are too old??? She will be a first time mommy. I know there is no way of knowing for sure but if you have grafted chicks I would love to learn your secrets and experience. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom