California - Northern

OK yeah, I just thought for the sake of being orderly, it would be helpful to those searching for specific info to not have to search every thread, as this one alone has over 50,000 posts. So my question again, is what is the pertinent title of this thread?

OK yeah, I just thought for the sake of being orderly, it would be helpful to those searching for specific info to not have to search every thread, as this one alone has over 50,000 posts. So my question again, is what is the pertinent title of this thread?
Ive found thread titles and subjects rather meaningless here at BYC

I simply use the search for what I want then I filter to Articles first then Ill look at reviews if its breed related then Ill look at threads.

If a particular post seems interesting Ill bookmark it by clicking on the post #link and book mark that.

Ive found good info in some oddly named threads and found thread names that really do not contain what I think they should.

Yes, they can have many of the medications we take, but unless you have a gram scale and a basic knowledge of what they should and shouldn't have I would not recommend that you give anything unless directed to by a vet. At three days old i'm gonna guess that they weigh between 30 and 70 grams, which is almost impossible to dose correctly with human drugs.

Sounds like you have figured this out already, but ducklings without their mothers are not water proof and cannot have access to water they can stand in or they will get soaking wet and hypothermic. This is true even on very warm days. The waterer is use for mine is one of those quart sized ones with a red base.

-Kathy

Yes I know. And if you do bath them they need to be dried thoroughly and I have been. But is there anything I can go right now to help them without a vet? I'm.not even sure if they have a cold but last night worried me

Hi Kenduro! This is a Social Thread for BYC'rs in Northern California(we love people from other places too though). We get to talk about anything within BYC Rules so we do talk about everything! How many chickens do you have?
Welcome to the thread. In the spirit of talking about everything I just ate an entirely bowl of olives. **** you whole foods and your seductive ways.

Yes, they can have many of the medications we take, but unless you have a gram scale and a basic knowledge of what they should and shouldn't have I would not recommend that you give anything unless directed to by a vet. At three days old i'm gonna guess that they weigh between 30 and 70 grams, which is almost impossible to dose correctly with human drugs.

Sounds like you have figured this out already, but ducklings without their mothers are not water proof and cannot have access to water they can stand in or they will get soaking wet and hypothermic. This is true even on very warm days. The waterer is use for mine is one of those quart sized ones with a red base.

-Kathy

Yes I know. And if you do bath them they need to be dried thoroughly and I have been. But is there anything I can go right now to help them without a vet? I'm.not even sure if they have a cold but last night worried me

Just keep them warm and dry with plenty of fresh water and crumbles. Try making a mash (crumbles and water) for them, but take it out if they start trying to sit in it.

No more bathing, lol.

-Kathy

Hi Kenduro! This is a Social Thread for BYC'rs in Northern California(we love people from other places too though). We get to talk about anything within BYC Rules so we do talk about everything! How many chickens do you have?
Welcome to the thread. In the spirit of talking about everything I just ate an entirely bowl of olives. **** you whole foods and your seductive ways.
I like the ones stuffed with blue cheese or garlic! -Kathy

I like the ones stuffed with blue cheese or garlic!

-Kathy

Welcome to the thread.
In the spirit of talking about everything I just ate an entirely bowl of olives. **** you whole foods and your seductive ways.

Have you been to Corning on I-5? There is a place called the Olive Pit where you can try a lot of different olives.

Just keep them warm and dry with plenty of fresh water and crumbles. Try making a mash (crumbles and water) for them, but take it out if they start trying to sit in it.

No more bathing, lol.

-Kathy

Lol. Kay no more baths for them! I am they keep trying to come sit with me instead of being in their brooder so I'm like ugh is it too hot? And then I check and theresnk way its too hot. So I'm just spinning in circles right now

Back
Top Bottom