California - Northern

I like the ones stuffed with blue cheese or garlic!

-Kathy

Oh! I have some of those in the fridge! Sorry mario.....

Have you been to Corning on I-5? There is a place called the Olive Pit where you can try a lot of different olives.

Danger will robinson danger!

ote name="LittleBlu" url="/t/25/california-northern/54360#post_13917649"]
Lol. Kay no more baths for them! I am they keep trying to come sit with me instead of being in their brooder so I'm like ugh is it too hot? And then I check and theresnk way its too hot. So I'm just spinning in circles right now[/quote]
They likely want to be with momma. But check the actual temps in the brooder if you can. Youll be more rslaxed and it is important to know.

Quote:
Inside, the youngest is 5 (and was at a friend's house), and I didn't think to take my phone out to the coop...

Just FYI--after beaks are fully submerged in blackberry seeds/pulp, it will look like there has been some horrible injury
roll.png

Eyes sound like Marek's. Purple comb can alo be Marek's. Cold, gurglin and purple comb can also mean the dying process has started. Sorry, I don't mean to sound insensitive, just felt I should share what I have experienced far too many times.

So sorry,
Kathy

Too sad, and too true.

Marek's is endemic in the Bay Area, the Central Valley, and probably all of California. Since I live in a town that restricts the size of my flock to a small number, I tend to get to know each individual biddy, and then get attached to them. For that reason, I now only have birds immunized for Marek's.

Eyes sound like Marek's. Purple comb can alo be Marek's. Cold, gurglin and purple comb can also mean the dying process has started. Sorry, I don't mean to sound insensitive, just felt I should share what I have experienced far too many times.

So sorry,

Kathy

Too sad, and too true.

Marek's is endemic in the Bay Area, the Central Valley, and probably all of California. Since I live in a town that restricts the size of my flock to a small number, I tend to get to know each individual biddy, and then get attached to them. For that reason, I now only have birds immunized for Marek's.

It is one of the leading causes of death according to CAHFS. Eye color change, purple comb, does sound like Marek's to me. Especially if he's 1-2 years old.

-Kathy

Last edited:
It is one of the leading causes of death according to CAHFS. Eye color change, purple comb, does sound like Marek's to me. Especially if he's 1-2 years old.

-Kathy

That would be Mareks Cancer?

Active or initial Mareks would have happened as a chick.

-Kathy

That would be Mareks Cancer?

Active or initial Mareks would have happened as a chick.

Did you see the pictures in the links I posted? The eye/purple comb picture?

-Kathy

Did you see the pictures in the links I posted? The eye/purple comb picture?

-Kathy

No, I did not go to the link.

Mareks is a Herpes virus that turns into cancer at about 24 months. It is like Herpes in Humans.

I have found it is better to post stuff into the thread.

I have looked into mareks and it seems like the best you can do is protect about 2% from dying from it if you vaccinate.

OK yeah, I just thought for the sake of being orderly, it would be helpful to those searching for specific info to not have to search every thread, as this one alone has over 50,000 posts.  So my question again, is what is the pertinent title of this thread?

Its is for anything and only one in Northern Can

Back
Top Bottom