California - Northern

Do not forget the NYD hatch a long!
Of Course! High hilarity ...with party hats!
!
images

No this one is too small if they weren't sleeping I'd put them down there and have them drink. They're too big to get in it and I smoothed out the plastic so the can't get hurt :c
They don't have to get into it to get wet. They will be slinging water everywhere in a few days and nothing kills a duckling faster than to get wet in a brooding situation. If they are under a duck they can get wet, but yours will die if they get wet before they feather out.

Walt

They don't have to get into it to get wet. They will be slinging water everywhere in a few days and nothing kills a duckling faster than to get wet in a brooding situation. If they are under a duck they can get wet, but yours will die if they get wet before they feather out.

Walt

I know that so I dry them. But what can I do so they don't get wer

I'll pick you up a jar from the pit for trade.

What do you have in hatch eggs?
lau.gif
I am driving by the Olive Pit on Friday!

The Partridge Penedesencas are not laying much--Molting is starting. The Pita Pintas are still laying though. I have two that I am using.

Where do you live?

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for. But, I guess it could be called "People from Northern California and other places who discuss all things poultry and many things..including opossums and olives... that are not." But that would be a bit cumbersome. The important thing is, If you ask a question here you will get an answer so that is my suggestion. Even if someone has answered that question 10 times before they will be happy to answer it again. No need to worry about labels just enjoy the company and the sometimes way off topic exchanges. We are a friendly group and sometimes the conversation gets conversational
Reading your answer to another post, just wanted to add I'm one of those people from "other places" - I try to not interrupt your flow but I do enjoy this thread, even though it is impossible to keep up with all the posts! On or off topic, it seems like there's always something interesting and people are pretty "conversational". Thanks for sharing "air" space.

Reading your answer to another post, just wanted to add I'm one of those people from "other places" - I try to not interrupt your flow but I do enjoy this thread, even though it is impossible to keep up with all the posts! On or off topic, it seems like there's always something interesting and people are pretty "conversational". Thanks for sharing "air" space.
thumbsup.gif

frow.gif
It is always nice hearing from you!

We have a wealth of information here. It would be terribly sad to limit our interactions to just where we live. How could we enable on another to achieve that ever larger flock? How would we know why most of the hens that eat eggs do it? Where else can we post pics of our first...second...third...fourth hatch of the season? And we are a very impatient group who always wants to know the sex of our chicks prior to the first crow and egg and I don't know of any more reliable sources than the good people on this thread.
big_smile.png
Pull up a chair...if it is remotely chicken related feel free to post.

lau.gif

OK yeah, I just thought for the sake of being orderly, it would be helpful to those searching for specific info to not have to search every thread, as this one alone has over 50,000 posts. So my question again, is what is the pertinent title of this thread?

Poultry Addicts of (mostly) NorCal might fit. Want to buy some birds? Get chicken recipes? Vent about predators? Have someone with an absurd amount of knowledge, experience and patience hold your hand and guide you through a chicken crisis? This is that thread! :)
I like the ones stuffed with blue cheese or garlic!

-Kathy

I just remembered I have a little jar of blue cheese olives in the fridge. This thread is pure evil!
Lol. Kay no more baths for them! I am they keep trying to come sit with me instead of being in their brooder so I'm like ugh is it too hot? And then I check and theresnk way its too hot. So I'm just spinning in circles right now
Duckies will call after you pitifully when you walk away from the brooder. I know how tough it can be to walk away when they're calling for you. Just be careful to limit the time when they are still so vulnerable to chilling. ESPECIALLY when they get wet, it doesn't take much at this age.

Back
Top Bottom