California - Northern

Quote:
I sprout the Costco bird seed. It only takes two days at most before I start giving it to the birds and I refrigerate the rest of the batch to keep it from growing past the sprout stage.

I use the chicken forage at Peaceful Valley. ( http://www.groworganic.com/omega-3-chicken-forage-blend-irrigated.html ) I've been impatient and have been giving it to the birds after 4 - 7 days, but I don't think all the seeds have sprouted greens by then or have grown past the first few leaves.
If I don't cover it with wire (I haven't had time to build frames, so cover the boxes with an old garden gate with 2" x 4" mesh), the birds will scratch the dirt out of the box.

I have heard of the road. Not sure where its at. Im new to the area.
im kinda new to lots of things. Chickens being one of them. Lol

how do you know it's ocular mareks? is it the contraction of the pupil? or is it the black color outside of the pupil? i thought the color outside was called leakage, but could be wrong :)

Note irregular shape of pupil. Note purple comb. Take a very, very careful look at the entire eye and head of the poor chickie, and tell me what you see.

Back
Top Bottom