California - Northern

I feel very blessed to be here. It is a beautiful place to live.
big_smile.png

I said Country, that's where we live right now with my parents. We moved here from the Bay Area(Hayward) close to 3 yrs. ago. Bought a big house in Kelseyville, Ca. They foreclosed on us. My hubby was driving back & forth everyday to Hayward,(a good 3 hr. drive EACH way) where he was working the Graveyard shift. But he kept falling a sleep while driving home, so he quit & found another job. That still wasn't enough income for the $2300 a month house payments. ~Live and Learn~ lol....Now back to the Internet, there's cable (TV, Internet & Phone). <<Nice & Peaceful, not a bunch of traffic ect... My Sister & her 2 girls live in Sacramento by Westporter and my parents have a couple Duplexes in that area.

I have heard that is happening to many families. Sad, you work so hard to have something. Were you able to keep your animals, or did you get them after? I'm thinking about ducks, maybe some Khaki Campbells (sp?) I understand they are good layers. Although I'm not sure if we would like duck eggs, we've never tried them. Are they friendly?

ha HA! Guess what I just got? Two speckled sussex hens! Yippee skippee!
65263_img-20110218-000171.jpg

and #2
65263_img-20110218-000101.jpg

I am thinking up something clever and British to call them...
cool.png

See how nicely the BCM 7 week hooligans are looking (there in the back right)? Mama ditched them tonight to go back to the big girls henhouse, so they had to huddle up on the juvvie roost together!

Back
Top Bottom