California - Northern

That is a great idea!

Who is close to you?
I'm in Chico but would be willing to travel several hours if someone is willing to do a "workshop".

Thanks Kaylish I don't want to eat them either. It doesn't seem like it would be worth the bother Two of them should be lovely and the third pretty too but more plain. If I can't find homes via FB or Craigs list I may go with taking them to Western Farm Center. I think they take boys for resale.
thumbsup.gif

Is anyone planning (or thinking about planning) a proccessing workshop this spring? I did a couple last summer but my DH had to do the kill and they weren't the prettiest dressing job (but they were delicious!). I want to be able to do the whole thing and could use some pointers on the cleaning.
TIA!
~Amisa
We are processing extra cockerels at the farm where my breeding flocks are located on Sat March 28. My farmer friend is opening it up to anyone who wants to come participate for the experience & learning. She is located in Brentwood. They have been processing chickens for years and also process larger animals. Everything I know about processing chickens I learned from Jenny & Terry!

Look what UPS dropped off! Can you guess what it is??? I'm so excited!!! I want to open it, but it's too big & heavy to get up the steps into the house.
Its a magic box!!!! Im sad today. Crystal who introduced us all to the arcansas blue is being forcwd to get rid of her whole flock. She works for a poultry company and they are freaked about avain flu. She may be sending me a whole lotta chicks but shes only got till sunday :(((

Its a magic box!!!!

Im sad today. Crystal who introduced us all to the arcansas blue is being forcwd to get rid of her whole flock. She works for a poultry company and they are freaked about avain flu. She may be sending me a whole lotta chicks but shes only got till sunday
sad.png
((

Bless you!

When they get going I will want to trade eggs with you! We need to get the genes mixed as much as possible.

Well, looks like I'll be forgoing the Easter HAL...

'Cause I'm going to wait a bit to get a clutch of Arkansas Blue eggs from Ron
wink.png
I decided that trying to set enough eggs of one type to get at least 1 pullet is more important than having chicks on a certain day, on which we likely wouldn't be able to be home anyway. I think that if I have another hatch that yields nothing but males, my husband will not be happy with the idea of hatching! Right now, I've got 8 of our eggs under Frieda to see how many she can actually cover. If I leave unfertilized eggs under her for a week or 2, should I give them to the chickens or dog when I replace them with fertilized eggs, or will they have been too warm for too long to do that safely? Or I could give her the golf ball back tomorrow--she kept it nice and toasty last Fall
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom