California - Northern

Its a magic box!!!!

Im sad today. Crystal who introduced us all to the arcansas blue is being forcwd to get rid of her whole flock. She works for a poultry company and they are freaked about avain flu. She may be sending me a whole lotta chicks but shes only got till sunday
sad.png
((
let us know what you end up with

Im sad today. Crystal who introduced us all to the arcansas blue is being forcwd to get rid of her whole flock. She works for a poultry company and they are freaked about avain flu. She may be sending me a whole lotta chicks but shes only got till sunday
sad.png
((
How sad! Where does she live? It can't be easy getting rid of a bunch of chickens in such a short amount of time. You are wonderful to help her out.

I thought of you yesterday because I have a colleague who wants Bresse...not sure if he wants chicks or eggs but can I give him an email so he can connect with you?

Also you told me about a year ago to expect about a month between silkie broody sessions and you have been dead on. I think of you every time one...err actually both since they have co brooded each clutch take to the nest. Right now just my sizzle girl is but her mama is going to join her I am sure within a week or so then...if all goes well the two of them will mother my Urch Houdan chicks. :)

We are processing extra cockerels at the farm where my breeding flocks are located on Sat March 28. My farmer friend is opening it up to anyone who wants to come participate for the experience & learning. She is located in Brentwood. They have been processing chickens for years and also process larger animals. Everything I know about processing chickens I learned from Jenny & Terry!
Thank you! That is exactly what I'm looking for but that is the same day as the NorCal Poultry show in Red Bluff. Please let me know if/when you have another day scheduled.

Look what UPS dropped off! Can you guess what it is???
I'm so excited!!! I want to open it, but it's too big & heavy to get up the steps into the house.
love.gif
all these new bators being posted! What are you going to hatch first!?

sad.png
((
That is horrible!
sad.png
Understandable but horrible just the same...hope she can find homes for everyone.

Quote: .
I can't imagine having to give up all of my girls. I would be devastated! I just got my first Arkansas Blue chick from a friend a few days ago and love the color of them. I hope she is able to find good homes for all of them.

Just noticed we are VERY close to 60,000 posts for this thread!!! Woo Hoo!!!
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yesss.gif
highfive.gif

HI ya!

Some say the line is at north Stockton or even Lodi or Galt for northern California. I call myself northern because I am above Sacramento. I lived in Tracy and considered myself central Cal. All I know is I am from Oregon originally...and if you speak to an Oregonian...never say your from Southern Cal! LOL!

I guess I could be more specific when speaking to native Californians...I live in the northern end of the central Sacramento Valley...LOL!

Not sure if that helped...but that is what I have been told.

Amy

Back
Top Bottom