California - Northern

:bow  @lualshannon
  I must bow to your great orpington knowledge.
The mottled orp with the purple legband is growing pointed saddle feathers.
It's a boy!!
Bummer...

I still have the brown legband pullet.
Would you be interested in a project columbian orp pullet to join her?

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for the compliment; your kind words humbled me. I am far, far away from having great knowledge of this complex, wonderful breed, Orpington. I am grateful to have Walt Leonard- fowlman01- as my mentor to learn from.

I will PM you later this evening.

Lual

Look what UPS dropped off! Can you guess what it is??? I'm so excited!!! I want to open it, but it's too big & heavy to get up the steps into the house.
Eeek!! I'm getting one in a few days too!! Mr Dickey is so nice. He said "we're always here if you ever need help. Day or night. Sundays too. We go to church ,but after that we're home if you need help" so sweet.
Its a magic box!!!! Im sad today. Crystal who introduced us all to the arcansas blue is being forcwd to get rid of her whole flock. She works for a poultry company and they are freaked about avain flu. She may be sending me a whole lotta chicks but shes only got till sunday :(((
oh so sad! How did she bring Arkansas blues to us? I'm unfamiliar. They are great layers!!

Crystal who introduced us all to the arcansas blue is being forcwd to get rid of her whole flock. She works for a poultry company and they are freaked about avain flu. She may be sending me a whole lotta chicks but shes only got till sunday
sad.png
((

That's terrible. I feel so bad for her.

love.gif
all these new bators being posted! What are you going to hatch first!?
Mine's a hatcher. SG Dorkings & Delawares.

I candled my eggs last night on day 7 and all 44 are developing!

:weee

Trisha

Fantastic!

Thanks:) I'm very happy with my hatch rates and fertility so far this year. They have been good in the past, but it is something that should be monitored in a breeding flock. I had a customer hatch 19/24 shipped eggs and another had 21/24 developing at day 8 of incubation:)

I think I'm going to be over run with chicks this year. I have hatched over 70, have 44 in the bator and have 2 more elementary classes to hatch for.

Trisha

Quote: Here is is BrownLegBandRight pullet

PinkLegBand (roo)

BrownLegBandLeft (roo)

I thought I had taken more pics. I need to get good ones on the other 2: a BlueLegBand pullet for HighStreetCoop & the PurpleLegBand who is now a roo.

Here are the project columbian orps:

Purple (pullet)

Yellow (pullet) - this is the one I'll keep, she has brown leakage but the best personality

White (roo)

Pink (roo)

Green (roo)

There are 2 more pullets that I missed getting pics. I have 6 total for sale if anyone's interested (3 boys, 3 girls).

Back
Top Bottom