California - Northern

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
We had a predator attack yesterday night. First one in a very long time. One of my hens was dead, no body, just feathers, and I found one with her neck completely skinned. There is a flap of skin and feathers hanging off her chin area. I suspect she either has a punctured lung, or fluid/blood is draining into her lungs because of her very labored breathing and coughing.

I have her in a warm place in my living room, and I have applied Vetericyn to her whole neck. I plan on putting a natural poltice on her neck, and then wrapping it to try and have the flap of skin heal back on her neck.

Does that sound alright?

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
We had a predator attack yesterday night. First one in a very long time. One of my hens was dead, no body, just feathers, and I found one with her neck completely skinned. There is a flap of skin and feathers hanging off her chin area. I suspect she either has a punctured lung, or fluid/blood is draining into her lungs because of her very labored breathing and coughing.

I have her in a warm place in my living room, and I have applied Vetericyn to her whole neck. I plan on putting a natural poltice on her neck, and then wrapping it to try and have the flap of skin heal back on her neck.

Does that sound alright?
I am sorry to hear about the predator attack!

The vetericyn is great for external wounds. Hopefully the internal wounds will heal.

Scovy Momma

Songster
8 Years
Jan 21, 2012
Lincoln CA
Just dropping by to say hi!

Been really busy lately but missed everyone.
frow.gif
Hi!

Top Bottom