California - Northern

I am in Nipomo, which is in San Luis Obispo county. Not sure if it is North or South.
Does anyone is this area have a suggestion on where to buy point of lay birds?

I am in Nipomo, which is in San Luis Obispo county. Not sure if it is North or South.
Does anyone is this area have a suggestion on where to buy point of lay birds?
Blue Welcome.png

I hope you find some!

awww darn. Usually group members can add people too, or "invite" but maybe they have it set to just admins... bummer! I can't seem to get in :(
It's odd, but I just had someone else tell me the same thing. I may ruffle feathers here, but the folks in charge of the 530 poultry group are a bit less likely to want to humbly exchange ideas. I like the 530 Chickens and Poultry group much better. The over all tone of that group is much more supportive and willing to positively assist with questions or ideas. You might try them instead. IMO, we are all in this chicken thing together, and there's no need for arrogance or condescension.

Hi fellow CA chicken lovers! I am trying to find some white crested black polish (want to end up with a hen, so sexed would be great...) somewhere in CA, does anyone know where I might be able to find some chicks? I just got 3 from a hatchery and the trip was too hard on them, none of them made it past 3 days :( so, I'm trying to find some more locally so they don't have to endure such a long trip. Poor little bean sprouts.

Sarah Cromwell with Heavenly Feathered Farms in Modesto has white crested black polish. I thought that she used to be on BYC but I don't know if she still is. She is on FB.

It's odd, but I just had someone else tell me the same thing. I may ruffle feathers here, but the folks in charge of the 530 poultry group are a bit less likely to want to humbly exchange ideas. I like the 530 Chickens and Poultry group much better. The over all tone of that group is much more supportive and willing to positively assist with questions or ideas. You might try them instead. IMO, we are all in this chicken thing together, and there's no need for arrogance or condescension.
That is interesting. I have a feeling that some of these were started because they did not like the rules on BYC. The rules keep this site friendly and those that are not friendly often do not stay here long. You can be...what is the best way to say it...more terse on facebook?...

That is interesting. I have a feeling that some of these were started because they did not like the rules on BYC. The rules keep this site friendly and those that are not friendly often do not stay here long. You can be...what is the best way to say it...more terse on facebook?...
Haha - I think you're on to something. :)

Back
Top Bottom