California - Northern

Deciding when to retire is a tough decision. Last week I read a story about an 80+ he old woman in FL whose health insurance payment is jumping from under $100 per month to almost $700 per month. My DH is now thinking that he might have to work until he is 70. It will be a long commute for him from Santa Cruz to Placerville. We have also thought about starting a business up there and paying for my healthcare.
If you do not take medicare at 65, there are penalties. Is he in the group that does not get full Social 'security until 67? I can't get full SSI until then instead of 65.

There are so many considerations for retirement. I am thinking about it and would like to retire in three years at 60.

If you do not take medicare at 65, there are penalties. Is he in the group that does not get full Social 'security until 67? I can't get full SSI until then instead of 65.

There are so many considerations for retirement. I am thinking about it and would like to retire in three years at 60.

He has to work until he is 66 yr 2 mos. So that means a little more than 3 1/2 yrs.

Hi I need foster care asap for 2 bonded roosters until March of 2018 I will give $500 to whoever can keep them until March Thank you!

Attachments

• 20170524_104444 (002).jpg
    20170524_104444 (002).jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 6
We learned an important lesson about proper quarantine procedures. We are newbies. Before we got our chickens I took a backyard chicken class. This class taught me the basics of raising a small backyard flock. One of the recommendations was to get in contact with a vet (they had a vet they recommended for chickens) and take in a fecal sample for a fecal float test in the Fall and Spring. This would be to check for worms and to make sure the flock is healthy. Well, I've noticed a couple of our chickens have looked a tiny bit skinnier than they should be. I thought with it getting closer to winter they should start looking fluffier. I remembered what they guys said about this fecal float test. So, today I took in their samples and the outcome surprised me. They did not have worms, however, they have a mild-moderate case of coccidia. It's suspected the 2 new pullets we bought a couple of months ago brought it in with them. We now have medication and the birds will be treated over the next 7 days. I am just really happy it was caught early and we shouldn't lose any birds. It helps to be diligent and monitor your flock (even if your other half thinks you are being paranoid-which I am, but it paid off this time).

We learned an important lesson about proper quarantine procedures. We are newbies. Before we got our chickens I took a backyard chicken class. This class taught me the basics of raising a small backyard flock. One of the recommendations was to get in contact with a vet (they had a vet they recommended for chickens) and take in a fecal sample for a fecal float test in the Fall and Spring. This would be to check for worms and to make sure the flock is healthy. Well, I've noticed a couple of our chickens have looked a tiny bit skinnier than they should be. I thought with it getting closer to winter they should start looking fluffier. I remembered what they guys said about this fecal float test. So, today I took in their samples and the outcome surprised me. They did not have worms, however, they have a mild-moderate case of coccidia. It's suspected the 2 new pullets we bought a couple of months ago brought it in with them. We now have medication and the birds will be treated over the next 7 days. I am just really happy it was caught early and we shouldn't lose any birds. It helps to be diligent and monitor your flock (even if your other half thinks you are being paranoid-which I am, but it paid off this time).
Do the corid treatment

Corid dosage chart.jpg

I would use the severe treatment. You need to do the treatment and follow up to help them with resistance

Back
Top Bottom