California - Northern

I have 10 hens and only got 3 eggs yesterday. They all have very red combs and I expect many more eggs very soon. Kern
It is similar here! the hens are looking good after molting and getting nice looking combs. I collected one egg yeserday

I have two Black Marans, two Black Copper Marans, two Wheaten Ameraucanas, two olive eggers, one Easter Egger, and one White Leghorn. If you only want eggs there is no way to beat the leghorn. She has been a fantastic layer. She only took off about 6 weeks this winter and lays eggs as large as the Marans but at least twice as many. Kern

I have two Black Marans, two Black Copper Marans, two Wheaten Ameraucanas, two olive eggers, one Easter Egger, and one White Leghorn. If you only want eggs there is no way to beat the leghorn. She has been a fantastic layer. She only took off about 6 weeks this winter and lays eggs as large as the Marans but at least twice as many. Kern
I am surprised that my Pita Pinta started up before the Trader Joes leghorn! She did lay eggs much longer into winter though

One of my Blue Egg layers has started up too

Back
Top Bottom