California - Northern

The wind was very high last night. Lots of fences and trees down. Power is still off on the other side of Woodland and Sacramento and Davis too.
Hello Ron. Was wondering how you faired with the storm last week. Lots of in town fences blew down. Out where I’m at couple trees down blocking road out. Neighborhood group got that taken care of. Power stayed on here though it should have gone out. The new transformer must have taken care of our outage problem. Really glad I wasn’t incubating at the time.

Did you get your fence rebuilt?

Hello Ron. Was wondering how you faired with the storm last week. Lots of in town fences blew down. Out where I’m at couple trees down blocking road out. Neighborhood group got that taken care of. Power stayed on here though it should have gone out. The new transformer must have taken care of our outage problem. Really glad I wasn’t incubating at the time.

Did you get your fence rebuilt?
We are waiting to hear from the neighbor on the fence.

Power stayed on here but was out until yesterday on the other side of town.

Our local paper said it was the worst storm since 2010

Just be aware that if you take him to a feed store (Rivertown in Petaluma will take roosters if they have the space) he will most likely end up in a pot. I did that with my gorgeous but mean Welsumer rooster. My nice Brahma rooster I advertised on craigslist and he actually went to a free range flock out in West County.Your rooster looks so cute!
He looks like a nice boy!

There used to be a rooster rescue in the bay area and I have seen posts about a feed store that would take them

Just be aware that if you take him to a feed store (Rivertown in Petaluma will take roosters if they have the space) he will most likely end up in a pot. I did that with my gorgeous but mean Welsumer rooster. My nice Brahma rooster I advertised on craigslist and he actually went to a free range flock out in West County.Your rooster looks so cute!
Thanks for letting me know! I heard that might be the case with Western Farms too, though if I end up having to go that route I’d hope people would realize he’d be too small to make a good dinner 😅. I’m definitely going to try individuals first but it’s good to know you had a good experience with Craigslist!

Hi fellow Northern Californians. I originally posted this in the B/S/T forum and somebody suggested I try here. I've got this chocolate Orpington bantam cockerel I'm trying to rehome. Here's a photo of him from many months ago. I'll post a more recent photo later. I just have too many boys right now. I hatched him April 26, 2020 so he's not quite a rooster yet.
hershel1 (1).JPG

His name is Hershel.

I live in Vallejo.

-Naomi

Hi all! I’m on Panoche Rd, Almost smack dab in the middle! between the I-5 and hwy 25. The scenery is great, everyone keeps to themselves, the roads are horrible and we are far from town. My chickens and cats keep me company. Anyone close to Paicines or Hollister? And I never know if we are north or central.

Hi all! I’m on Panoche Rd, Almost smack dab in the middle! between the I-5 and hwy 25. The scenery is great, everyone keeps to themselves, the roads are horrible and we are far from town. My chickens and cats keep me company. Anyone close to Paicines or Hollister? And I never know if we are north or central.
Welcome!

Hi fellow Northern Californians. I originally posted this in the B/S/T forum and somebody suggested I try here. I've got this chocolate Orpington bantam cockerel I'm trying to rehome. Here's a photo of him from many months ago. I'll post a more recent photo later. I just have too many boys right now. I hatched him April 26, 2020 so he's not quite a rooster yet.
hershel1 (1).JPG

His name is Hershel.

I live in Vallejo.

-Naomi
1612555918779.png

Here he is, photo taken yesterday.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom